DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I got my Proviable DC in the mail today.

Is this 1x daily and should it be given with food?

Views: 530

Replies to This Discussion

Try giving her a little bit more at each meal, that may help. 

I'm so sorry Katie. Hoping Luna is doing better. Please keep us posted. 

Thanks!  

Poor Luna :(

I agree with Karen.  Don't take the Hills ID.  Besides the fact that its garbage (first ingredient is corn!!!), it did nothing to help Watson's poo.  I was at a loss and only accepted it from the vet (not the primary one I see) because she claimed that it should firm up his stool in just a few days, despite what I had read here before.  He was on a bland diet of chicken and rice beforehand and his poos were much better than they ever were on Hills.

Afterwards, I slowly transitioned him to a Wellness LID diet.  I did it really slowly.. not sure if it needed to be as slow as i did it (almost over 2 weeks), but he has been 100% on LID now, and his poops are some of the best he's had.. and they are consistent.  

It is never super hard but it is SO much better than the tootsie roll poops or piles of mush we used to get.

Definitely don't give her anything else (chews, treats, etc) until you see some stability and progress. 

We resorted to using kibble as treats for training and we would do it before feeding him his meal so he would be motivated (hungry) and only gave him inedible chew things (inedible nylabones).  I tried as hard as possible to not let him eat things outside, because he likes to chew on grass, leaves, worms, moths, etcetc (he may be half goat)

Not until recently have we reintroduced treats and we find that dehydrated dog treats haven't caused any tummy upsets.  they are expensive so we break them into little tiny morsels.

oh. and we've been giving one capsule of Proviable DC, daily, for almost two months now

Hope Luna starts to get better soon!

This is such good advice. 

I use Pure Bites chicken treats only. 100% dehydrated chicken, it's the only treat that doesn't affect JD's digestion. 

The Wellness Simple Solutions Salmon formula has been great for him. After his IBD diagnosis, I tried 5 different foods, and this has been the best by far. 

Hi Katie, I had the same situation with my cockapoo this summer. I think she chewed on some small sticks and it irritated her digestion and had diarrhea.  Had a fecal test and no parasites. What the vet recommended was boiled chicken and rice for a week. I tried adding pumpkin or sweet potato but she didn't do as well on them. I ended up doing this for two weeks and the middle of the second week gradually transitioned back to kibble. She didn't need antibiotics but I did use the probiotic. And no treats or chews.

At least a week is important because the vet said that's the minimum time. Good luck.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service