DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I writing this out of frustration over Vets. I hate to beat them up as we do need them. But, my Marshall vomited once Thursday morning (first time ever in his 6 months of life) and had a couple big bouts of diarrhea. In both the vomit and diarrhea I saw pieces of a rope toy. I got worried and went in. Another fecal test (he's had others because of loose stools in the past), it was negative and an X-ray. Nothing found in X-ray- but we did see a white grainy (like sand) in stomach- very small amount. I think it was from his split antler. Either way she said he needed Metronidazole. I said for what? To calm his colon (or however she explained it). I refused and she seemed put off with that and said that's what she'd do for her own dog- but it was my choice. Gave me a couple cans of hills I/d and fast balance GI. This was last night. I haven't used. I am ashamed to say I paid for it- but honestly after refusing medicine I felt pressured- dumb I know. Last night I just gave a little organic chicken broth and nothing else. Today I've done small amounts of his kibble (wellness complete puppy) with 100% pumpkin. And no treats. He has had no other vomiting and as far as his two movements he's had today- the are forming but soft- maybe a tiny bit watery. I'm going on chewy.com now to buy the provable DC. And I'm seriously considered the core line- I honestly do not get this dogs soft bowels. And would love to switch to grain free. Just to see if there would be a difference. But with this going on I think I should stay put on food for another bag or so. I feel good about refusing meds- but bad about buying the Hills products. My hubby says to return them. This Vet and the other practice I went to are highly recommended in my area. I just feel like I'm ruining my relationship with them for not supporting Hills and now meds..I wish so much they didn't push this brand. Also at Day Care he sometimes gets hills treats- they keep them in their pocket they say- even though I send treats. I will tell them again Monday- no treats but what I send. I love the day care and so does Marshall and they really don't realize what they are feeding. As they said to me- these are really good treats. N0......Hills is really powerful I've decided!!

Views: 465

Replies to This Discussion

Go with Core. 

Switched to the Core Puppy Grain Free.. we are about a week in with only the grain free. Amazing how he really didn't have issues with the slow transition to grain free and his poops look normal for the first time ever. If I ever get another puppy...I am just going grain free from the start. period.

Glad he's doing well with it. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service