DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hello All

I found a new local pet store that sells Orijen and Acana. But has a low selection of the Orijen and is sometimes out. I love the idea of getting in person sometimes vs ordering on Chewy. They always have a lot of the Acana and mentioned to me the switch should be easy. Just wondering if anyone has gone from Orijen to Acana? And it seems there are more flavors to choose from.

Thanks for any input :)

Views: 399

Replies to This Discussion

I switch back and forth....Acana is a tad cheaper, and I think it's just a change up for Enzo. Both are Champion foods and excellent choices. We've never had any digestive issues in switching back and forth.
Just curious how much cheaper it is? Thanks! :)

I just looked it up and an example is Orijen Sixfish 28.6 lb $96.99 and Acana Wild Atlantic same size $78.99

Thanks...I didn't really think it was a big switch. But I was wondering if anyone else had done.

You'll be fine with the switch, but start with the Regionals line. Its nutritional profile is most similar to Orijen's and will give you the easiest transition. There are 4 formulas in the line from which to choose, and you can rotate them with each new bag if you like. 

Thank you. I got some of the Regional line.

I was finding that my local boutique pet store was out of the 5lb bag of the Six Fish the last 3 times I went in there. Annabelle is a mini and eats about 7 1/2lbs a month. I finally just started buying the 15lb bag and freezing half of it until I'm ready for it. I buy the little 12oz trial bags of both Acana and Orijen in different formulas to mix a few kibble with yogurt as a noon snack once a day. I rotate the formulas for her snack, but stick with the Six Fish for regular meals. She has never had an issue switching, although she does like the Orijen Regional Red the best and seems disappointed when I give her something different.

Thank You, I have never tried the Regional Red. I will have to pick some up.

We also switch between Origen and Acana. No problems.

Thank You

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service