DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We will be picking up our mini multigen goldendoodle on Apr 23. She will be 12 weeks old when we get her. I am planning on changing her food to Fromm after 2 weeks on the Life's Abundance that's she on now. 

I am also planning on adding plain yogurt to her food. Whan should I do that, and how much should I add? I added a heaping tablespoon twice a day to our Golden Retriever's food. She was about 70 lbs, and Zoe will be approx 25 - 30 lbs full grown.

Thanks.

I

Views: 193

Replies to This Discussion

There's not really any set amount for adding yogurt to a dog's diet. A bit more or less isn't going to make much difference for a healthy dog or pup. With a young puppy, a tablespoon 2-3 times a day would be fine.

Thanks Karen. :)

Newbie here. What is the benefit of yogurt? My doodle is 15 weeks. Picky with kibble. I wonder if he would enjoy the yogurt.

Yogurt contains probiotics, good gut bacteria that aids with digestion. 

I'm going to start adding that to pup's kibble then. Obviously plain yogurt. Would Greek be prefferable?Thanks!

It doesn't make much difference. Greek yogurt is thicker and has more probiotic cultures, but it may also have more protein, fat and calories. You want plain unflavored nonfat yogurt, whatever kind you use. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service