DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

What are your favorite shows?

NOTE: Please don't spoil the plot for those who haven't seen it yet! Let's discuss it in this thread: Movie/TV Show DISCUSSIONS

Views: 414

Replies to This Discussion

But so many great shows on cable too...4 of the above are only available on HBO or Showtime.  We had cable for a bit but it just wasn't that great.  With Netflix and Roku we can watch shows from any season if we're behind or didn't discover it till it went off the air. 
Yes, we have Netflix, too. But we don't have cable, we have DirecTV, and the TIVO can be used for any show, not just network shows.
Karen, do you have two receivers?  Or did they finally come out with the new DirecTV/TIVO receiver?  I loved our old DirecTV receiver that had TIVO.  When it died they were no longer working together.  Supposedly they have partnered again and the initial release for the combined receiver was in the Fall of 2010.  I'm still waiting.
My provider, Verizon, has a Motorola DVR with 2 receivers and I can watch something I've already recorded while recording 2 shows.
Tina, I don't have the brand-name TIVO, I just use that word generically, like Kleenex. I have the DirecTV DVRs like you do.

I've heard that Braking Bad is great! I may have to put that one on my Netflix list and catch it from the beginning. Thanks for the reminder. I enjoy The United States of Tara, and The Office (US version), too. :)

I was so disappointed when Life Unexpected went off the air. That was one of my favorites last year. Boo-hoo!  

Breaking Bad is really good.  Sad when you reach the end of a season and you have to WAIT to see what happens next until the DVD comes out when tons of people already know! 

Another one that we started watching recently is "Party Down" (HBO or Showtime?) and I really liked the first few episodes but then it just got more and more crass (as if Weeds isn't ever, right? LOL) and I couldn't watch more.

I find lots of series seem to get desperate and the plots get more far fetched. Eventually I give up. I felt that way about Lost.
As they say "Jumping the Shark" time.
I notice this, too. There is a series called HawthoRNe with Jada Pinkett Smith, one of those that starts when the regular season shows, and it started out great last year but has become increasingly farfetched and loony. Of course, adding Marc Anthony as a regular cast member might have had something to do with that.
I agree.  Why she would even think about fooling around on that gorgeous guy she's married to is beyond me....and with Marc Anthony?  WTD?  Last week's show was especially disturbing.
My thoughts exactly!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service