DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

On a scale of *1 to 5 DOODLES* how was the movie/documentary? 

If it put you to sleep, you can give it *5 SHEEP* - ha! 

Views: 432

Replies to This Discussion

Our grandson spent the night this week, and we went to 2 movies within 24 hours! Gotta love summer vacation - lol!

Cowboys & Aliens was a lot of fun. If you like old time westerns and you like sci-fi movies with spaceships and alien invasions - which I do - I think you'll agree that it deserves 4.5 Doodles. Stars Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, Olivia Wilde, Adam Beach and Sam Rockwell. Here's the Trailer: http://youtu.be/zH7KZD5vGBY

Marvel's Captain America: the First Avenger in 3D was awesome! 4.5 Doodles for this one, too! Starring Chris Evans, Tommy Lee Jones and Hayley Atwell. This was worth seeing in 3D. "A scrawny kid who wants more than anything to serve his country in the Army. He gets selected for a top secret research project that turns him into superhero, Captain America. Here's the trailer:  http://youtu.be/-J3HfllvXWE

I'm beginning to think your generosity extends to movies, or you've spent too much time with the younger set : )

No! haha! These were really good! I'm a huge Spielberg (and Harrison Ford) fan, so I had no doubt I would enjoy Cowboys & Aliens. Our grandson, our son, and my FIL went with us. All four generations loved it. Captain America turned out to be a pleasant surprise. I enjoyed it a lot! (But then again, I thoroughly enjoyed Iron Man.) And the (3D) previews for the new Spiderman movie looked AWESOME! Can't wait to see it! (big smile)

Has anyone seen Lisa Kudrow's new show, "Web Therapy" on Showtime? It's about a therapist who does 3 minute mini counseling sessions online. I give it ZERO Doodles and 2 Sheep. Bor-ing! The writing is poor and the way her character talks drives me up a wall. 

"Who Do You Think You Are" on the other hand  is fantastic! Lisa is the Executive Producer, on NBC. Each episode helps a person (celebrity) trace their family's roots. I took a DNA test a couple months ago thru a company called "23andMe" and it has connected me to hundreds of relatives (people I've never met who have also taken the test) that I share DNA with. The results are  fascinating - and eye opening. They give you specific, detailed information on health risks - a couple of them caused me to make lifestyle/diet changes right away!  If anyone decides to join, I have a $50 off coupon for family/friends that's good until Aug 9th. Coupon Code XPRWFY [BTW, Google has invested millions of dollars into this company. It's totally legit.) http://www.23andme.com

Well, if four generations liked it, that's quite an accomplishment, really.

The whole premise of three minute online counseling is upsetting to me so I'll pass on that.

The only one Of the "Who Do You Think You Are " that I happened to catch was Lisa Kudrow herself. It was so interesting that I recorded a batch of them but I haven't watched the yet.

As to the last, I'm not sure I'd want to find long lost relatives. Do they have a way you can get rid of some? Theoretically of course we are all related, if not to Adam and Eve per se, then to a small group of originals.

Cowboys & Aliens also give it 4.5 Doodles. I love sci-fi and even though friends said don't waste your money had to see it. DH didn't think he would like it but went anyway and glad he did.
RUN, Don't walk to the nearest Theater to see The Help. I cannot give it enough Doodles. Outstanding Movie!!!
Thanks. I will. I have heard all good things. I read the book and it was great.
I can't wait to see this movie,Laurie. I'm reading the book now and love it.
Jane, I have seen it twice and just went back to see Crazy, Stupid, Love. My DH, DD and I all enjoyed that one very much as well.

My DH and I saw _Rise of the Planet of the Apes_ this afternoon. I have to admit, I'm kind of a Planet-of-the-Apes geek! Love the first three movies, especially.

I think this movie was extraordinarily well-done. The animation of the apes is superb, and the story and the human actors are engaging, too. And it cleverly and neatly ties into the earlier movies, postulating a very reasonable, to me at least, way the apes could have achieved their superior intelligence.

I would give it 4.5 doodles--but, if you're not a sci-fi geek you might not agree! *^_^*

My DD and I went to see Zookeeper today and I was a little disappointed. I love Kevin James and King of Queens still makes me laugh, but I would only give this movie 3 Doodles. I don't know what I expected, but it was not talking animals. I think it would be fun with small kids, but a 25 year old and 54 year old wish we had picked Crazy, Stupid Love instead.

The Guardian  (2006) - Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher

We just saw this on Friday night.  DH and I gave it 4 Doodles, Critics gave it a "C", Yahoo Reviewers gave it a "B+"

Here is the info:

After losing his crew in a fatal crash, legendary Rescue Swimmer, Ben Randall, is sent to teach at "A" School, an elite training program for Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers. Wrestling with the loss of his crew members, he throws himself into teaching, turning the program upside down with his unorthodox training methods. While there, he encounters a young, cocky swim champ, Jake Fischer, who is driven to be the best. During training, Randall helps mold Jake's character, combining his raw talent with the heart and dedication required of a Rescue Swimmer. Upon graduation, Jake follows Randall to Kodiak, Alaska, where they face the inherent dangers of the Bering Sea. In his initial solo rescue, Jake learns firsthand from Randall, the true meaning of heroism and sacrifice, echoing the Swimmer's motto--"So Others May Live!"

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service