DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is our new (F1) goldendoodle Chester. He is 9 weeks. He doesn't appear to have any furnishings, but he does have forehead crimps and ear curls. I'm hoping he will grow into more of a doodle appearance (with perhaps less shedding). It looks like his coat may be flat, and his muzzle doesn't have the chrysanthemum appearance. Does anyone have a pup who lacked furnishings early on, but then grew them? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance!nk?

Views: 347

Replies to This Discussion

Our Banner looked very similar as a puppy! I’ve attached pictures at 5 weeks, 7 weeks and now at 7 months! He’s an F1b goldendoodle. His body and the back of his head have somewhat doodled out, but his face is still pretty open. We’ve noticed some minor changes around his nose but we’re not expecting him to have furnishings at this point.

E6B6C528-208C-459B-AF85-EFCAECDC4EF7.jpeg

933FD508-F901-4524-81B5-29242B5ABEAB.jpeg

82AFB588-62BB-44F6-8D06-30356E4BE816.jpeg

Thank you for the reply! I've been waiting a few days to gain access to this group to ask this question! Your Banner is absolutely beautiful! That's what I'm thinking Chester may do... doodle out a bit with wavy hair but still have an open face. I can't believe how much Banner grew in 7 months! Does he shed (I'm afraid to ask!)?

Banner grew so fast, so take lots of pictures of Chester now! Banner actually does shed quite a bit, but we’re not sure if that’s a mixture of him losing the puppy coat in addition to him being a shedder, or if he actually is a shedder. It’s kinda moving from the back of his body, to the front. His butt and legs are super curly, soft, and fleecy, and his front legs and top of his back are a bit more straight and coarse (but you can see the undercoat underneath that matches his back legs). Hopefully over the next few months all of his puppy coat will he gone and we’ll actually be able to tell. From what I’ve seen from others those, he doesn’t shed nearly as much as a regular golden retriever, but it’s still more than I was expecting.

Thanks for the heads up! He is beautiful, and I love the name :)

Both Chester and Banner are just so adorable!  I love their faces!

I have a mini f1b that is not “doodley” and I love every bit of it.  As a matter of fact, I now have a “thing” for Golden Retrievers as my Nala took after that gene heavily.  Nala has so many poodle qualities, no denying she has poodle in her.  But as far as her looks, she is retriever.

Nala has a coat very similar to Banner, even the tail I think.  I will try to post a pic of her later, I always have trouble doing that.  Nala does shed, but not heavy.  At times nothing.  She does what I call seasonal shedding.  A bigger shed in Spring and Autumn.  She seems to get a summer and winter coat.  

Good luck with that cute pup!
Christine

So good to know! If that's Nala in your profile, she's adorable :) Thanks for sharing! I am hoping if Chester sheds it will be seasonal! He is shedding some now, but I feel like that is his puppy coat. Not sure if this is indicative of whether or not he will shed as an adult.

Here's our Luna (F1 mini goldendoodle) as a puppy and an adult.  Her coat looked quite a bit like your pup's in terms of texture.  She ended up having a retriever coat and shed heavily but I loved it because she didn't need brushing/grooming except very rarely :)  We could also always see her very expressive eyes.  She was like a little tiny golden retriever.

11 weeks

Drying off after a bath

If you compare her to our new bernedoodle, Riley, you'll notice Riley at the same age as Luna's puppy pic had a lot more "fluff" in between her eyes which is turning into a very scruffy/fluffy doodle coat.

They are both adorable! You're right... Luna does look a lot like Chester :) Thanks for sharing!

Hi,

I am going to try to post a picture of Nala showing her coat.  This is from today.  She is now 3 years old.  The pic in my profile is when Nala was still a baby.  You can access my page, I think, and I have a baby pic there of her if you wanted to peek.

Hoping I did this right. Lol.  Nala looks a lot like Luna. 

Attachments:

Awww... she is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

What a cutie!  Our Maggie looked very similar (maybe a little less fluff than Chester).  Maggie is an F2 goldendoodle, just turned 1 year and does shed.  Not as much as a golden or lab, but definitely sheds.  I wouldn't trade her for the world though, she is the sweetest pup and the more I see my Aunt groom her "doodly" pup, the happier I am that I can simply wipe her feet or throw her in the shower on my own without a ton of mess.  I guess it's kind of a balance, Maggie sheds but less grooming needed. ;)  Here's a pic of Mags at 9 weeks and then again now.   Enjoy your new pup! :)

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Maggie is absolutely beautiful! Good point about the grooming :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service