DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

There is a 1 yr old black Labradoodle named Shag at the Port Charlotte, Florida Animal Welfare League - up for adoption. (adoption fee is only $110.00) Seems that the people who adopted him had a 3 ft high fence and when he jumped it and ran the neighborhood they tried to sell him on Craig's list - so the Welfare League made them return him. If anyone can offer this boy a forever home, is willing to give him the exercise he needs and has a higher fenced yard - Shag is waiting for you!!!!

UPDATE:  My dh and I went yesterday to see this boy for ourselves and to talk to the shelter to see what we could do to help find the right family - we are now Shag's sponsors.  We already have Rooney and Stuart and can't have a third dog but boy I wish we could.  Shag is 81 lbs, 14 months and sweet as can be.  We took him outside to play and he loves to fetch a ball and then dunk his entire head into the water buck.  He knows "sit" but needs leash work.  He is still growing into his "doodle" look but don't worry - he'll be all doodle soon.

IF YOU ARE IN S.W. FLORIDA and want to adopt a doodle - he is waiting for you.  

UPDATE !!! HAPPY DANCE!! Shag was adopted today by an active couple in their 50's. He has a forever family and I guess it was love at first sight for all them. So Shag - where ever you are - there is a piece of my heart there with you!! Live happy ...

Views: 538

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a no kill shelter - a very nice shelter - nice facility and very clean with great staff.  I just called over to see if Shag is still there as I was going to go play with him - he is still there but is spending time with a potential adopter. Someone with lots of acres and 2 labs.  I just hope the person realizes that Shag will need grooming - which might not occur to them.  I'm just not sure that this place really knows the entire needs of a doodle.  Oh well - out of my hands.  I pray he finds someone wonderful!!!

hes adorable!  I hope he finds a home soon!  Thanks Jane for helping out this baby!

Thanks for posting this big beautiful boy and for sponsoring him.  Let us know when he is adopted. Keeping out paws crossed.

Thank you for sponsoring him, he is beautiful! I hope he finds his forever family quickly. 

What you are doing is so awesome. He is a sweet boy! Wishing you luck he is placed best where he will thrive...

He looks like a sweetie!  Thanks for sponsoring and helping him find his forever home.

HAPPY DANCE!! Shag was adopted today by an active couple in their 50's. He has a forever family and I guess it was love at first sight for all them. So Shag - where ever you are - there is a piece of my heart there with you!! Live happy ...

Yippee!  Thanks for telling us!  Happy tails Shag!

Great news!

Yay! I hope they spoil him rotten, lol! 

Thanks so much for letting us know! 

WhoooHoooo! I love a happy ending!

I guess this is why I do not think I could foster - I so fell in love with this boy and wished I could have been his mom. 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service