DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Has your Doodle ate any of these objects?  What is the strangest thing they've eaten?   I'm having a hard time with the following items on the list: 

Bed sheet is a lot of material.

Jumper cables - have good sized clamps.

Fire log - it must of been a store bought one or chewed to sticks before hand.

25-30 Soiled Diapers - that has to be one big dog to eat that many diapers in one setting.

The following list is from Woofreport.com, http://www.woofreport.com/more-bones-to-chew-on/2092-2010s-most-unu...

•jellyfish
•glue
•tube of denture adhesive
•dead poisoned vole
•bikini
•ink pen
•plastic nose from teddy bear
•magnetic purse clasps
•baseball
•glass Christmas ornament
•hearing aid
•bed sheet
•box of pencils
•avocado pit
•dental floss
•fishhook
•tent door
•toy squeaker
•watch
•16 steel wool pads
•sponge
•tampon
•20 cherry pits
•light bulb
•barbecue brush
•Frisbee
•jumper cables
•razor blades
•uncooked rice (1 pound)
•wallpaper paste
•squirrel
•balloon ribbons
•bird (whole)
•butter/sand
•deer antler (partial)
•extension cord
•leash/3 sticks of butter
•pin cushion
•portion of wool rug
•TV remote control
•10 quarters/one penny/one Canadian coin/three arcade tokens
•foot-long submarine sandwich
•fire log
•wooden toy train
•pine cone
•round chew bone (whole)
•caulk
•eye glasses
•money (paper)
•oil-soaked dirt
•rosary crucifix
•25 to 30 soiled diapers
•bath bubble mix
•bathtub cleaner/outdoor plants

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Flip flops - twice.  Socks - several different times.  Moms underwear - several, different times.  Kleenex, too many to mention.  100 year old button up shoes,  Paper coasters, too many to count. Moms swimsuit.  Basket.

I know this isn't funny, but it cracks me up for some reason. Some of these items make sense to me, (the squirrel, the bone), but others are just baffling. A pincushion? I have several questions about these, some for the dog and some for the owners, lol.

To the dogs, I would ask Why??????  

To the owners, I would ask "Why were these objects left within reach of a dog in the first place?  

I am so grateful that none of my dogs ever ate strange objects, even as puppies.

Karen, I couldn't agree with you more and LMAO.  I keep picturing this dog lying on it's back, belly extended and dripping wet with sweat from eating so many diapers.  This dog must be thinking "Mom, why did you put so many delicious diapers in one bag.  It's KILLING ME!"

I think when things are that seemingly UNLIKELY to be eaten by a dog you just don't even realize that item is in reach of a dog.  Rosco could hang out with just about anything that's not food and not bother it.  So I don't even notice that stuff.  Like the pincushion...

I agree with you on some of these things. A remote control would commonly be left on a coffee table, for example. Eyeglasses might be on a bedside table. A box of rice could easily be taken from an open pantry. But who leaves razor blades lying around the house? Wouldn't those be in a medicine cabinet or a tool box? Wouldn't cherry pits be in the garbage, and don't most dog owners know you can't leave open garbage receptacles where a dog can get into them? Do you have caulk just lying out in your home? And a pincushion isn't exactly the latest thing in home decor; I don't recall ever seeing a pincushion sitting on someone's sofa table next to the candy dish. If you're using it, you're seeing it. And if you're done using it, don't you put it away? Do you keep loose light bulbs on your coffee table or kitchen counter? Or jumper cables on the knick knack shelf? Just where could 30 dirty diapers have been that the dog got to them? (And how could anyone else even occupy that part of the house, lol?)

I can see where a dog could have gotten a fishhook outdoors near a lake, but some of these things are objects that any prudent person puts away when they are not actually in use. It doesn't make sense to me that a dog got them.

LOL.  My grandma's pincushion is always out on her sewing machine :)  And I can see a lot of men bringing in tools or jumper cables and plopping them down in a mud room/utility room or in a hall.  Natalie's Diaper Champ probably has 20+ diapers in it once it's full...but a dog would have to be highly motivated to get them out (knocking it over and pawing at it ... Blech!).    

I used to do bookkeeping for an auto-repair shop, so here's a tip for all you ladies out there. If your DH brings jumper cables into the house, whether they're in a mudroom, hallway, or wherever, pick them up and put them back in the car. Jumper cables are only worth having if you have them in the car when you need them. When you have a dead battery in the middle of the Target parking lot, having jumper cables in your utility room will do you no good at all. If your DH is too dumb to figure this out, you'll have to take matters into your own hands.

Plus, if the jumper cables are in the trunk of the car where they belong, you get the added bonus of your dog not being able to eat them.

So funny.  I don't think this is "unusual" but DH came home yesterday after a meeting to shredded envelopes.  Peri shares her diddy's office (office is the bonus room and dogs stay there).  She likes to shred her diddy's legal pads and envelopes while he is gone too long.  Ha.

And Peri has def. had her portion of a wool rug (no access anymore while we are gone), but nothign else on that list.  She usually just shreds and doesn't swallow anything abnormal.  She's a shredder ;)

Shredding is different than "ingesting". Shredding makes sense to me, especially stuffed toys, rubber objects, paper, etc. It's the ingesting part that baffles me.
Huff is more of a shredder too, He actually made a few holes in a wool rug too but now we don't have one anymore. We will probably be getting one again though because he is mostly out of his chewing stage.
Yikes on the fish hook. Man, some of these things could do serious damage!
25 to 30 soiled diapers? Why would anyone has 25 ~ 30 soiled diapers? Even in a trash can/bag!!! Sounds pretty trifling!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service