DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I don't know why I'm posting this, maybe I figure that you all can understand how I feel.  This morning I let my 2 goldendoodles outside to play and when I called them back in, I couldn't find them.  We have 6 acres WAY off the road and the only cleared area is immediately around the house.  The dogs have a couple favorite spots so I went looking and found Webster but not Charlotte.  Charlotte is only 9 wks old and she is missing.  I have been searching since 9am and my legs literally ache from the amount of walking I have been doing.  My 2 kids, my parents, my sister and 3 other doodles have been searching with me.  Now my husband is home from work and he is searching until dark (it's 5:30).  We've talked with all the neighbors, driven the local subdivision, called animal control, checked craigslist, and posted a sign.  I'm feeling hopeless and miserable.  I just lost my grandma and Charlotte went with me to Mich for the funeral - puppy comfort, you know.  If you have a doodle puppy, please give him/her a hug for me.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awe, Jennifer! I came straight to my computer to check on charlotte! A coyote! Scary! The neighbor had a dog that was threatened by a coyote, or the neighbor happened to see a coyote do that to a dog yesterday???? I am still holding out some hope for you and your puppy. My thoughts are with you and your family right now. At least you have a lot of family support, human and canine (from what you have written) I am hping at least you find some answers! Good luck!!!
OMG...just seeing this. I am so sad for you and your family, but still praying that Charlotte turns up safely. Heartbreaking.
Let us know if you find her!!! :(
Oh Jennifer...
You and Charlotte were the last thing on my mind before I went to bed last night...and the first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning!
I was so hoping that Charlotte would be home by now...and am still praying that she did wander up to a neighbor's house and is safe.
Please keep us posted Jen...and please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you...
Hugs from Sasha and me...
We have a big coyote problem here - I am really really hoping that she was able to get away from one if she was approached. Do not continue to give up hope. You have a lot of people thinking and praying about this, so you just don't know what can happen.

Have you called the surrounding vets yet? You just don't know if Charlotte wandered into the road further away and was picked up by someone.

I am so so sorry. I just can't imagine going through that.
I'm so sorry you haven't had any luck. Keep hoping she will show up!
Ugh! I just can't pull myself away from this today... supposed to go to the beach with my son and friends to fish... maybe being outside will blow positive thoughts and prayers into reality all the way from Long Island to Tennessee!
And rememember I am in the Nashville area - do you have a recent picture I could post on Facebook?
Jennifer, Have you tried to let your other dog out to follow him. Maybe he can lead you to her. Maybe you could put him on a long lead to be able to follow him better.
Can't stop thinking about poor little Charlotte, you and your family. Continuing to hope and pray for her safe return.
Jennifer,

I can only imagine the grief you are experiencing now, and I am so sorry. It is hard to think about anything else. I wonder if she wandered up to the road and someone picked her up? The coyote issue does seem to be getting worse in a lot of places. That just makes me sick. We have them here, so I put up a rod iron fence in the back yard that has points at the top,. I did this near the back of my property line. I know that is not practical for a 6 acre lot, but you could fence an area that your dogs would be able to use without giving them access to the whole property. Those pointed newel posts (sp?) would impale any animal that tried to get over, unless they could scale it completely. I certainly hope she has not been touched by an animal and that she turns up soon. There is a woman here in OR. area who has helped the police with missing persons. She met her husband that way...he is a Detective. She is a dog lover and worked as an RN for many years. I wonder if she could help, or someone like her? My husband doesn't give credence to psychics, and I have never had the need to contact her. We lost our escaped Beagle at one point. I almost called her for that, when 9 hours later my husband found her. I think she does phone consultations. If you want contact info, I could get that for you. In the meantime, my prayers are with you and I am still hopeful someone has her, or that she can be found safely. Thank you for the update. You are right...there are a lot of people here who care very much and are rooting for you. Godspeed.
Just in case this post gets knocked back up, they FOUND HER! New discussion: http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/we-found-charlotte

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service