DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

How does your Doodle react to the Vacuum Cleaner. We have an upright with an accessories attachment for corners and so on. He does'nt mind the main cleaner you even have to tell him to get out of the way, but as soon as you start using the accessaries it starts he not afraid but he wants to fight it barks, jumps at it and generally causes a commotion. I was wondering if it's because Dad's doing the vacuuming now as I have a slight spinal injury and can't handle it. Is he jealous of this thing Dad is playing with.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our doodle sometimes ignores it, but most of the time wants to bark at it. I've even laid the vacuum on its side for Kachi to smell it & check it thoroughly, and that helped for all of about three minutes. I really have decided its because it moves, and that's what freaks him out> But he doesn't run from it, he just doesn't like it. Maybe they think we're in some kind of danger because it is moving in such close proximity to us!!
Gus has always run from it when it's on. If it's just sitting there he'll bark at it first then run. Lilly just follows his lead and runs.
Summer does not like it, but Giada is terrified!!!! Summer was like this as a puppy too, so I'm hoping she will outgrow her fear. I give her a treat every time I take it out:) When I had my cat, she too was terrified.
Lacie loves my canister vacuum...she follows me around everywhere...she will even let me run the suction (just the tube) on her....good way to get rid of that shedding hair! heheeheh!
Tanner is very much afraid of the Vacumn Cleaner.... We had a Golden Retriever before our Doodle, and she also was afraid of the Vacumn.
My new pup is a little nervous around it....for the most part my female is okay with it!!
Lola is interested, but eventually walks away to lay down somewhere else. And then moves again once I get to that area. She is already used to it, taking a psychologist told my mom said she is OCD and has passed it on to her daughters (including me). I am sure in no time she won't even move, and will just stare at me thinking "oh my god, you have got to be kidding me." (me talking for Lola)
Puddles is use to the vacuum, but the wet swiffer! Holy cow! He barks and flips out over that thing like it's alive. I've been putting him in a sit/down stay while cleaning the kitchen floor and if he breaks the stay, he goes in his crate where he can watch from the safety of his spot. He used to be scared of the hair dryer, too, but every day I would keep him in the master bathroom with me and tell him to be quiet and sit and he's gotten use to it. The groomer even noticed that he's not freaked by the dryers as much : ) I think sometimes we just need to tell them how to behave around scary things.
Jordan is so annoying when I vacuum but not for the same reasons.
She does not react at all, she will lay there and not move.I can "push" her with the vacuum and only then will she move. Then she moves to the right where I am going next.
I will finally say "bed" just to get her out of my way.If I am carpet cleaning I have to put her in another room.
Our ND Payton does not bark or anything.He just moves away from me.
I have also "sucked" on both of them.
Lily doesn't like the vacuum, the dust buster, or even the BROOM. She doesn't really seem afraid, just playful and curious about these strange items. I've tried the Cesar Milan thing of claiming the space by walking towards her, but for the most part, she thinks this is great fun. As far as Dad vacumming now, maybe if not exactly jealously, your puppy does see it as a playtime with him and doesn't quite take him as seriously as he does you.
Brody is scared to death of the vacuum. I turned it on the other day and he RAN our of the room, hid under our bed and barked until I shut it off. That was the first time he barked other than to wake us up at night to go potty. He was soo scared...it took me a few minutes to get him to come out from under the bed.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service