DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi fellow doodle owners. I have a 6 month mini golden doodle. He is really a good puppy but when he plays, he plays rough and I can't seem to calm him down. He jumps on me, grabs my clothes and has even bit my nose. Help. I don't know what I am doing to spur it on and I do try to correct him, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a little late at responding but I recently joined and when I did a search on jumping and biting your query came up. It actually makes me feel better to know that a lot of doodles do this. Our Thomas is 16 weeks old tomorrow-he is great during the day and follows the commands we have learned at obedience classes; like "leave it". When he does he gets a treat and leaves me alone. But in the evening-he gets really "nuts". I cannot make dinner without him constantly jumping on the counter-then when I kick him out of the kitchen he runs and leaps at my son or bites my husbands legs while they are trying to watch the hockey game -like tonight. So- I bought a long training leash. It is 16 feet long and attach it to his training harness. I attach it so it is just far enough away from me in the kitchen so he cannot jump up on me or onto the counter with his huge paws. He can travel into the familyroom for a visit if he wants to but cannot reach the guys when they don't want to be attacked. He doesn't mind as long as he has something to chew on other than us. Our other dg passed away in October/08 and he NEVER did this so we are new to this kind of thing. The trainer told us it was completely normal-most dog's get what she calls" the whoorlies" in the evening. Keep him leashed she told us-so he learns that if he wants freedom he has to behave. Do you have any advice for us?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service