DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I feel like such a loser right now. I love Toby, but some days I just want my pre-puppy life back. I am alone with him from about 7:30 a.m., when everyone else goes to work or school, until about 5 p.m. until they start coming home again. Toby is 11 weeks old, so I have to deal with being nipped, cleaning up pee on the floor (one or two accidents a day), playing, walking etc. I don't have any resemblance of my life before the puppy at all. When, oh when, might I have some light at the end of the tunnel? I have a crate and I do use it, but he certainly can't be in there all day. He behaves so much better for my husband than he does for me. I feel like bursting into tears. I have received such support from this board - can someone give me a glimmer of hope??

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our little Gaston Cramer has turned into quite the piranha too! He's not "nipping", he just always greets you with a wide open mouth and holds on! LOL We're working on controlling it but also know that his little gums are just busting with teeth screaming to come out and chewing certainly makes them feel better. I'd prefer it not be my flesh but I know it'll pass! LOL He's not doing it in any way be aggresive or confrontational but I'm looking forward to this stage passing and when the time comes when I can welcome and trust his licks! LOL Poor little bugger though....those are some mean lookin' gums!
Someone told me that for teething - wet a tea towel, tie a knot in it, and freeze it. Then give it to your puppy to chew on. It feels good on their gums. When I give Toby his he seems to enjoy it.
I'll have to try that Sandy! Great tip! I freeze his kong right now but I'll bet the towel would feel so much better on his gums :) Thanks!
I can relate to so many of these experiences when Steve was a puppy. I remeber crying in the middle of the night when Steve was yelping all night and my husband was upset because he had to work the next day. I remember hoding Steve out in the family room just bawling. I was covered in bruises from the nipping and from him crashing into me all the time. He started to really calm down and stopped chewing things up and nipping so much around six months. It really is important to take time out for yourself. I was lucky because my mom was able to help me out a lot when we were both working or we wanted to be able to do something without worrying about Steve. Something I will suggest besides obedience training which you are starting soon is the dog park. Whenever the vet says it is ok for him to go and he is fully vaccinated, take him to the park if you have one close to you. The dog park gave me back my sanity for sure when Steve was little. I could take him there and he would be so tired after an hour that he would sleep for the rest of the day. Good luck to you and know that you are not alone. Keep us posted.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service