DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

As some of you have read in my profile, I didn't grow up a dog lover. We HAD dogs, but they weren't cared for in the same way we all care for our dogs now.

Several years ago my mother adopted a Keeshond dog from the shelter. At first she thought he was great...marveled at how much he seemed to love her and be happy to see her. Well fast forward from a middle aged dog to his current senior status...and...she's not so thrilled with him anymore. She never really converted to a "dog person" because she mostly finds him annoying (for being an old dog).

Well this last Mother's Day I had my mom come up from Southern California to visit us in WA state. And she fell in love with our three dogs. She's always admired Cass for her border collie brilliance and being so well trained. But she really took a liking to our two doodles too.

She dressed them up:

Spoiled them with attention, little sneaks of table scraps and lots of petting and baby talk...=)

Well this evening I spoke with her on the phone and she wanted to know if by any chance, when Squiggy (her Keeshond) finally passes away if Clark would let her have Thule!

LOL! Obviously the answer is NEVER...but still...it was sweet that she liked Thule so much =) I took it as a huge compliment.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Mom wants my Shih-tzu too--I tell her only if we all are sadly killed in some terrible accident at the same time(so,never--hopefully!).
I would tell your mom that you will visit her as much as possible but and will bring your dogs with you. But, that your Doodles are your family and you will not separate them.

Perhaps suggesting a goldfish or even a doggie screen saver might satisfy her lukewarm regard for animals.
Haha! My Mom wants Jordan!!
This coming from a woman who bread Standard Poodles in the 80's, and thought Labradoodles were "a way for BYB's make money"."They will never be AKC" "No true Poodle breeder would ever allow this to happen" "Honey, why don't you get a poodle"
For 2 years I heard this.
Then she came out and fell in love with her, and how they are the perfect mix of 2 breeds.
Now she is a doodle champion.

That's my Jordi changing peoples misconceptions one person at a time.
Isn't that awesome! I love stories like these. The trainer that helped me over the phone in training Rosco recently had a board & train goldendoodle. I bugged him to tell me about him and I hoped that this wasn't some crazy dog coming to him because of issues. Well he told me he was fabulous! He was a pleasure to train, very intelligent, and one of his favorites! I was so happy to hear that!
I see many a christmas presents! LOL
LOL...I wish. She's not that dog crazy! But ya never know...this will be the first Christmas that she spends in love with Thule (too bad it's not mom's year to have us over!--Clark and I spend time with our families every other year. This year it's his family's turn).

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service