DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi. Does anyone have a pic of of there doodle weighing around 45-50#. I would like to see how big of a dog that is, b/c the breeder thought my dog would be that size.

Views: 304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can check out our pictures but I don't think it will really give you any further insite on how your pup will look. It will depend on bone size - Samantha turned a year 3 weeks ago, weighs about 60 lbs, is 23" at the shoulder, but she is built like a Lab not a poodle. She is deep chested, bigger boned and has shorter legs. Her friend, Lexi, is about half her weight but Samantha's height. I can almost get my hands around her chest. With a Doodle, you don't really know what you are going to get until they get there.
If you'd like, you can see pics of our Honey. She's on the poodle end of the doodle spectrum at 48#. She's tall and thin looking, but still a small standard size. You never know what you'll get. Did you chose based on potential hair type or birth order or personality? Just curious how it works with chosing from a breeder.
Actually she was the only one left when I got her. She was from a female who had a litter of AKC golden retrievers and 2 goldendoodles. She ended up getting pregnant at the end of her cycle with a goldendoodle. She is 75%golden retriever and 25% doodle. I didn't want a lot of curl, so I thought this would work for us.
Hi, my dog Rags is about 50# . You can check out my page for pictures. I have way too much trouble uploading pictures lately. Joan and Rags
It really depends on the height of the dog! A basset hound can weigh 50# but doesn't really SEEM big. But even a TALL 40# doodle can seem quite large depending on what is large to you.

Rosco is 85# and 27.5 inches to the shoulder...he's the apricot dog next to me and I'm 5'7.5":

So Rosco is quite tall and big....Now this is him next to my friend's poodle mix who is 45-50#:

She is FAR thinner, but not terribly shorter...so...she doesn't SEEM like a small dog even though her weight is far less than Rosco.

Here is the same black dog wrestling with an almost grown Great Dane:

(she's not QUITE as big as she looks here, but you get the idea)
Yes, that is interesting. Your doodle is so cute.
If you click on my page, Kirby is 50 lbs and Dexter is 60 lbs. Dex is noticeably bigger than Kirby. I actually think 45-50 lbs is the perfect size!
Our Shelby is 52 pounds. Enjoy!
Attachments:
Hi Nikki,

This pic of Barney was when he was about 7 months old. He was about 50 lbs. My son is about 6'2" if that helps for scale. He has very long legs which makes him look bigger than he is and of course most of him is hair.
Attachments:
Joannie...remember you can embed photos of your doodle in ANY discussion, not just in the Les Pooch brush contest...show off your new skills !

Oops sorry Adina! I forgot, hopefully this doesn't cancel my entry for the LesPooches brush!
Hello!! The breeder thought Molly might be 40-45lbs but she is a year old right now and weighs 59lbs, I just uploaded a few new pictures of her I took about an hour ago. She is like a big black teddy bear.......

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service