DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This was shared on my facebook wall, it is a photo of a homeless woman living on the streets of NYC, with her dog which looks like it may be a doodle, I'm not sure. Anyways a friend of mine shared this photo and people are trying to gather donations to help this woman. I heard she lugs so much stuff that she sometimes has to walk with the leash around her neck! I can't imagine what it would be like to lose everything and be left on the street with my dog not knowing where we will go, sleep or when we will eat again. People are trying to find shelters that accept dogs but it seems none do. They are also trying to get clothes for her as well as the dog. They are looking for a foster and may have one in place but it is not sure wether or not the woman will temporarily surrender her dog so she can get back on her feet. I hope no one gets mad at this post, I am simply trying to find more people who can maybe help. Doodle or not, these 2 souls need help! I am going to follow the post on my Facebook page, and when I find out if they find her again I will see how they are accepting donations if anyone wants to help. Thanks again God bless and goodnight! Xoxo

Views: 343

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very sad and like you I cannot imagine living like that on the streets.

What bothers me  are that there are so many empty homes, abandoned, and we as a nation can not figure out how to fill the homes with those in need.  It was done in the early 90s but why cant we figure out something now.

Hey Big Banks, remember your bail out?

Thank you for posting about this woman's plight.  Those of us sitting snugly in our homes need to be reminded that many have no home to be snug in, and that it is our responsibility to reach out to those in need.

The YMCA is trying to start up an emergency kennel to allow the victims of domestic violence and their children to care for their pets while sheltering in the YMCAs safe house.  It is a local issue that we plan to get involved with here in Monterey County.  It is a problem everywhere.  Animals are not welcome in shelters and the crisis hotline gets countless calls from women who want to leave their abusive homes, but who ultimately choose to remain because of their pet.  No woman should have to make the decision between her personal safety and that of her children and the safety of her beloved pets.  But homelessness is a big problem and shelters are needed for animals as well as their humans.  We are choosing to get involved in this one because it is a big issue in communities everywhere.

I hope this lady finds a place where she and her dog can shelter, especially in this time of terrible weather in many locations.

Very sad :(  I hope they have success in finding them! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service