DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My poor girl had her "surgery" yesterday... and I felt so bad for her. She laid around and moaned all evening - broke my heart. I had 4 c-sections so I know how she feels. She wouldn't eat anything - not even my homemade dog food - and wouldn't drink anything either. The anesthesia really got to her. But this morning she is doing a lot better. I gave her a little bit of the homemade food - she gobbled that up. I gave her a little yogurt - she gobbled that up. So I will just continue to give her small amounts of food until I'm sure her stomach can handle it.
Our vet didn't send us home with a cone - she said to play it by ear. That I could come and get one if I needed it. Well, today she was licking some - but I think it's the shaved hair that is bothering her most. So I found one of my daughters t-shirts and put that on her. So far so good - but if she gets serious at licking, I don't think this will be enough to stop her. But it sure looks cute!!

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awww, she looks tired and worn out. I hope she feels better soon!
Let me know if you wanna swing by and pick up a cone- I have two.. Sophie didn't eat or drink normally for quite a few days. Don't worry tho, she'll be back to normal by next week!!
Awww, what a pathetic look she's giving you in that picture. Halas had to wear a cone, and he was completely miserable in it. He was also working the sad face for a few days.
I know - look at her - she looks so down and out. She is using that look for all it's worth - and it's working real well!!! hahahaha
Awwwww!

I'm thinking about using a doggie diaper for Max when that time comes......soon.

~Danielle
try a pair of boys boxers....they worked wonders for us.
Oh poor girl!!! Hope you feel better soon Miss Abby......she does look sad!!
Sadie just had her surgery a week ago today. She did come home with a cone and pain killers.They told us to keep her "quiet", no jumping etc. Well, that was pretty easy the first few days, now a week later...she is jumping all over the place. Onto the couch, onto our beds (mine is really high). Chasing the cat, she is ready to rip!! Her appetite picked up after the first day and we are using the cone. (We felt badly for our terrier,took hers off and she took her stitches out herself and we didn't even know it!! )You do feel really bad for them, hang in there.
She looks like she feels awful.....poor thing.

Poor little girl. She looks so sad.
Thanks all for your support - I appreciate it
She has the face and slightly hunched back of a spayed doodle alright...brings back my memories of my Jordi. :(
She will be OK in a couple of days, and speaking for her she would like more yogurt!
Why don't dogs or cats of that matter get pain pills?

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service