DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Please read this a couple of times before submitting photos...

HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS

1) Read the guidelines for photos: http://www.doodlekisses.com/page/calendar-photo-requirements -- reading this will help you know what types of photos we accept.  VERY important.

2) You will need to email each photo as an attachment.. Send ONLY ONE photo PER EMAIL--I know this is tedious, but it helps tremendously in sorting photos if you only send ONE photo per email. So if you have 1 photo you send one email. If you have 5 photos, you send 5 separate emails.

3) You may submit up to 5 photos PER doodle that belongs to you. 

4) In your email include the following info:

• TYPE of doodle you have that is in the photo (labradoodle or goldendoodle or whatadoodle*)
  • The name(s) of the doodle(s) in the photo.
  • The location of the photo (city/state/country)
  • What your DK Profile name is--so I can tell who you are on DK since most people don't use their full names on DK
  • IF ANY of your photos are professionally taken you must confirm that you have rights to use said photo(s) in a calendar that will be sold. Also if the photographer wants a copyright notice with the photo then please let me know that information. DO NOT submit photos with a logo on them--ask your photographer to give you a photo with no logo first.
  • IF YOU would like credit for your photo, let me know who to credit.

5) Send photos by email to: DKCalendars@gmail.com -- be sure that your email account does not shrink photos.  Sometimes only teeny tiny photos get through and I can't use teeny tiny photos.  See the link for our photo requirements above to know what size photos we accept.

Deadline for Submissions: September 22nd, 2014---please bookmark this discussion or click "Follow" at the bottom of the thread to say up-to-date on any changes which DK Admin reserve the right to make at any time. It will be your responsibility to keep informed on this by reading through the responses to this discussion because these may contain clarification and additional tips. Selection of final calendar photos will be done by DK Admin and is subject to their best judgment. Final selections usually don't happen until the last week of October--days before the calendar is complete and announced for sale.

Please note that I will not give feedback on submissions.  But if you'd like feedback on your photo before submitting, you can ask for help in our photography group.  

* Because Doodle Kisses was created for labradoodle and goldendoodle owners, our two main calendars will only feature labradoodles and goldendoodles. However, our multi-doodle calendar may accept photos of other common doodles. While we love all dogs, we have to stay true to our site's focus and will not include just any dog that may have poodle in its mix.  If you have a rescue doodle and are not sure what precise type it is...just take your best guess when listing the type of doodle your dog is.

**As always 25% of all Doodle Kisses annual profits will go to doodle and dog rescue organizations -- this includes profits from calendar sales.

Views: 6462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good suggestion from Joanne.  We would love to see your photos there!

Moz: We got over 500 submissions, they are not available to be seen, but as Joanne mentioned, some members of the photography group have shared their submissions in the group.

Adina, have you ever received, considered, or accepted a black & white image?  Just wondering because it is never too soon to begin thinking about next year :).

I have received, I get one or two each year. I'm not opposed, just has to be a photo that seems ideal in BW. Would a calendar with one BW photo seem out of synch? Tougher in the Lotsa Doodles to make a BW fit.

That was my thought--a calendar with just one or two BW might seem out of sync.  But I am loving working in BW.  Thanks.

Any updates on the calendars submissions????

Adina updates on Facebook as Doodlekisses.com. If you don't have access to that, I will tell you that the Labradoodle and Goldendoodle calendar people have all been notified. Here is the update from Adina on the rest:

I've been getting questions and realized some of you don't know. All photos have been chosen. NOT everyone has been notified. One puppy calendar doodle hasn't been notified and 12 or so who are in the Lotsa Doodles calendar have not been notified. Some who have been notified have not responded to their email.

Thanks for the update, Lori.  I will check fb out.

Also an email went out yesterday, saying some of the pics had to be rechecked for resolution. I know at least some people were notified for the Lotsa Doodle calendar! ;)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service