DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Am i the only one that dyes my doodle or is there otheres out there that do it.

Tillys mom Beth

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like most hair dye...don't get it ON you (or the dog) until it's rinsed and then all is well...?
I am very carful with useing the product. It never is near her eyes or mouth and before i used it on her i did a very small test spot to make sure that she had no problems with it. I also make sure that she is not licking it i stay right by her at all times when in the tub.
Oh tell me more! I've tried all kinds of things on my white poodle. Its just so hard to keep her clean. Henna, Kool aid various dies. She rolls in the grass & if her hair would turn green I'd be satisfied but turns ugly mud. Not green. Also, My schnoodles are black. They do some media work but black isn't good for camera work. I was thinking hydrogen peroxide might turn them red? I haven't tried it yet & don't know how much to use. I'm open to suggestion. I use hydrogen peroxide 20% to shampoo on my white poodle. It does a nice job. Makes her a nice white before she rolls in the grass. I definitely think you should try out for Groomer has it. You have 20 paws & 2 hands voting for you! puppy love from Joy & furry folk
thanks. I dont know about using hydrogen peroxide and i dont think i would do it or recomend it. I would check with a vet before considering using that
Beth....HUGS.....not meaning to give you a hard time.......but glad you explained that it's a safe material. Hey, this morning I found myself relieved that I'm getting a chocolate doodle so I won't be tempted to dye her! Yesterday, I thought to myself "NEVER would I do such a thing!"....this morning, I was aware that it might be tempting, say around halloween. As for the mohawk, well......I could be persuaded at summer to do the same. Could be cute. Take care.
Good for you. I love it when people grow, think outside the box, accept new ideas & especially admit it! Kudos to U & Puppy love from Joy & furry folk
"*snicker* Exactly! Never say never. That was my point. My shock and repulsion by the idea of a "labradoodle" when I first heard of it was a lot like the reaction a lot of people had in this discussion. WHY would ANYONE want to mix a sturdy, tough lab with a stupid frou-frou poodle?! "

Hey Sherry, I was turned off for several years over the name! Sounded way lame to me! Now I'm buying one!

. I think the dye job and mohawk is the same...I first thought, "NO!" Then, "It's OK for her. Don't be so narrow-minded." Now, "Hey...this is a pretty cute idea....I bet Sandy would look cool as s*** with blue stripes!" LOLOL!!!

Yup......glad I'm gettin' a chocolate, so I won't be tempted. That said, I AM buying a jeweled collar!
Beth, It sure makes more sense knowing you are an inspiring groomer. It's your creative imagination coming out! I wouldn;t even have thought about it, but you are obviously looking for new and original looks. It's like a hairdresser experimenting with her own hair! I am a retired Hairdresser, so I know.....also, I clip, snip, scrunch, crunch, poof and spray my doodles hair all the time.....! Just never thought of dying tho, he's not white anyway.
Well there are a lot of products out there that are not so safe for our pets once you read the labels, and I just prefer not to even try and see if I would have to rush one of my dogs to the Vet, because I dyed their hair. When my 1st Rottie was a pup, she was getting her shots and in came a man crying, and I mean "Crying" right into the examination room where my Vet and I were, One dog was dead in his car, and the other was suffering with congestive heart failure. Both dogs had sever reactions to a flea and tick shampoo he had just used on his dogs within the last hour. It was an over the counter brand that he had just purchased that morning, and it killed both his dogs. One was a little over a year and the other was about a 6 months old. It does not matter to me what it is, if I have never used it before and I don't know anything about it...it's not going on my dogs. I also would not make a dog stand to be groomed as long as it takes to do the design's some do with their dogs. They say they give them breaks and do it in steps, but who really knows? These are my opinions as to why I wouldn't do it, but I always felt to each his own....
I dont do any thing to Tilly that would hurt her. I did a very small test spot on her first and talk to a few people i know that had used the product before i did.

I also would never do most of those fancy hair cuts on tilly. They just take to long and i would hate her to have to stand that long.

I understand were u are coming from and i am very carful with what i use on tilly. I never use things like over the counter flea meds. I always stay away from them because i know they can be very dangerise.
I don't and won't but that is why everyone is different...even the doodles.
I understand your concern with chemicals. As for the primping....my doodle loves the pampering and lays down next to me just as still and calm as can be....I have to practically wake him up when I'm done playing hairdresser with him...LOL.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service