DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is no lie! In 1988, John Suter's Iditarod team icluded three standard poodles!

Mushing Poodles in the Iditarod! Turn your volume up when you click this link, so you can hear the catchy tune: The Poodle Man Song" by Dave Reno http://home.gci.net/~poodlesleddog/

Alaska, where women win the Iditarod and men mush poodles!

Views: 1903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love this. I think doodles would make great sled dogs....mine certianly love to pull. :) Yup, not many folks know standard poodles were originally working/hunting dogs. My mom bred min poodles but we also owned a standard poodle. Great dogs. Very protective of their families. That can turn into "I'm king of the house" if not handled properly, but that can happen to a lot of dogs. They are also extremely smart, which is handed down to the doodles (and which is why my food bin has a bungee cord on it). They learn lessons very quickly. Folks are used to seeing the pimped out poodles and they just assume all of them are fluffy and brainless.
Poodles Rock - I say! I'm starting to LOVE the poodle "side" of my dogs. Believe it!! LOL!!
I knew there was a reason I got a Poodle, too!
For whatever reason, I couldn't get the song. I even opened up a new window and did a search and tried there.
I have always liked a standard poodle - but not necessarily a miniature or toy poodle. My experiences with the little ones haven't been good - but the standard size ones are so graceful and dignified. I sometimes see the poodle prance in Abby's stride. I just love it - it's so cute!
I have been searching the internet for some way to get a download of that song. I wish you could hear it...My daughter told me that she kept hearing it in her head all day yesterday, lol!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service