DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

After reading and responding to the grooming prices thread, I realized it never occured to me to give a tip. I guess it would make sense...we do tip our hair stylists.

Should I be feeling embarassed? Do you tip your dog's groomer? If so, how much (if you don't mind saying)?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take Charlie to Pet Smart grooming salon, and get groomed by the same woman. She is very good at what she does, good with Charlie, and Charlie loves her. ( Full body services, cut, and ears) Pet Smart charges $58.00 and it comes to a little over $60.00 with tax, so I pay $70.00.
I also gave her a small gift for Christmas. It takes long time to groom Charlie, and I don't even know how much she gets paid from Pet Smart.... So I think it is worth giving her the tip.
Thanks for the responses. Now that I'm thinking about it, I am so surprised that it didn't occur to me before...I'm usually very conscious of this type of thing. Oh well, I will remember next time.
I didn't know to tip either.... I only learn this from old discussion, or someone's blog when Charlie was a little puppy... So, When she went to the groomer, I was prepared! Thanks to DK!
We take Holly to a privately owned shop where there's just the owner and 1 employee. The first time we took her there I added a tip to my debit card, but she didn't add it to the charged amount. I was confused as to why she didn't accept it so yesterday we took her there for the 2nd time and I didn't tip! I wonder if she didn't take it because she is the shop owner...I'll definitely try again next time.
I always tip for hair or food, but there are things I don't think to tip for and later find out it is customary. If you liked the grooming job, you can always go back and just say that you didn't realize you should have tipped and want to make up for it - then no more guilt. My groomer is co-owner of he grooming shop as far as I know, but I still think she deserves a tip. She works really hard with Ned and I appreciate it very much. BTW - according to what my groomer charges - you all overpay!!!! This is why I can get Ned groomed more often which is why we can keep the mats under control which is why we haven't had to shave him. I feel very, very lucky.
P.S. My groomer charges the same price whether she shaves my lab mix, does a Springer Spaniel cut on my Springer or doodles up Ned. I think charging more for a doodle is not something anyone has told her so shhhhhhhhh.
This is somewhat on topic....but funny....

Dex's cut is $70 - we normally give her about a $10 tip. If he's extra matted we'll give her $15.
Just picked up my labradoodle from the groomer, her forth different one. This past June Petco butched her. I said she was a swimmer and I'd like her shaved down to about an inch all over. They shaved her alright, like a shorn lamb. It was awful! In fact, her sani-cut, she looked like she had been violated! Poor thing couldn't even stand to eat, she sat to eat for about a week! Today I'm happy, and she still looks doodle-ee as she should. The gal said she wrote down everything she did and if we wanted anything tweeked, just say so next time. She is the owner of the place so I did not tip... but the guilt is setting in. She said it helped that I said I wanted a rounded full head. (she still growing in so her ears didn't get touched)

Love reading others experiences. So cool to have found DK.com. Thanks everyone!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service