DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

OMG you would think being part poodle and golden she would be full of energy and like water...and sometimes she does get an energy spurt, but it only last 5-10 minutes. IS THIS NORMAL??? she is 11 months old and tires easily. sleeps off and on all day long and poops out quickly at the dog park. any other doodles like this?? i take her to the lake and she barely gets her feet wet. i dont think this is typical behavior, but im not too worried cuz shes my cuddle bug

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, Hershey is real lazy. She has a couple spurts during the day, and zooms around the house. She gets two or three good walks a day, but even when we play in the yard, she'll just tire out and go lay in the shade. I'm pretty thankful that her energy level matches us. We like to go for walks and play outside too, but we're happy to have a couch potato dog most evenings :oo)
My doodle is so lazy, he inspired the group for lazy doodles... you are welcome to join. :-)

http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/couchpotatodoodles
Phoebe is right there with you! I always say she has the best balance of energy and fluffy throw rug. She will run in our yeard for 10 or 15 minutes and then be wiped out for hours. She will still follow me around but plops down wherever I stop. Phoebe will walk with me for about an hour but then she is down for the count. I think it is great--but so different from when she was a puppy. I was really concerned back then. She turned a year old in Januuary and that all changed so quickly when she became a snuggly, belly-rub loving fluffball.
Glad to know I'm not alone.... Haha now I can blame her for not excercising cuz she takes after me
They're all so different. Guinness is my "high energy guy"....he's just like the energizer bunny. He never seems to be tired. Murph on the other hand is just the opposite. He'll play for a while, and then he's exhausted. With Murphy 15 minutes of play time usually means a good two hour nap.
Callie is pretty much schizo with the energy. She is in her "hibernation" time right now - she does NOT like the summer heat. It saps all of her energy (me too, so it works out pretty well). She amps up in energy in the evening when it cools down some but in cooler times she will happily play in the dog park for 2 hours and this time of year, even when we go in the cooler evening she really can only make it about 30 minutes. Inside, in air conditioned comfort, she will play tennis ball for hours on end, but she's also happy to just snuggle up and watch some TV (I like "It's Me or the Dog", while she's in the "Dog Whisperer" camp. I usually win).
I was going to say the same thing. The heat is really taking it out of Gavin right now. He is L-A-Z-Y! He's getting his summer cut as we speak, so I will see if that helps with the energy level.
She has her summer cut and ..... Still LAZY haha sorry to break the bad news
I recently asked my vet if something is wrong with Finley. I walk him every morning (except when it's raining) and halfway through the 35-40 minute walk he sits down on the sidewalk to rest. I didn't think it's normal for a one-year-old dog to have so little stamina. For goodness sake, I'm 55 and can walk that far without resting ha ha! The vet said not to worry, although I do, so I'm glad to know there are other coach potatoes out there.
Sonny is morning lazy. We have to force him to get up by 7;30/8 every morning. My DH gets up at 6 and Sonny will not move until one of us makes him. He would just lay there all morning. Have to say it is nice on the weekends!
My Sophie has a good mix also. She is always ready for a walk and gets very excited when I get the leash out. She gets the zoomies at least once a day in the back yard for about 15 minutes. But she is usually very calm and relaxed. She follows me around but as Phoebe she will plop down when I stop. She loves to stretch out on the cold tile in the kitchen. I can't bring myself to have her hair cut down for the summer as yet. She is so cute.
My golden was not active at all. I mentioned several times and the Vet's said oh no he is fine. Years later they finally did a blood test and he was hypo thyroid. I hope your dog doesn't have this but, maybe it is something to check out.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service