DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I copied this info from a Facebook post so I don't have any more details. Just thought I would share in case anyone here is feeding that food. The photos referenced were just photos of blood so I didn't think it was necessary to share those. I have seen quite a few FB posts about their dog getting sick with the most recent bag of TOTW purchased however at this time there is no recall by the company.

Please if you feed taste of the wild stop! They have a bacteria issues going on. We fed them this dog food for over 5 years without any problems. I spent 4 hours in the emergency vet just trying to make Creasy feel better. The picture on the right is straight blood from when he got sick. Unfortunately the spots get bigger and bigger. Creasy went home on fluids, medications, and canned dog food. He is still not eating. We are going on 4 days now! We have contacted the company and they say nothing is wrong. Visit consumer affairs and they have 1000 of complaints in the last two weeks, which is when we bought our dog food. The first big sign that something is wrong is your animal drinking unusual amount of water. Yes it's hot out there but they shouldn't be going through bowl after bowl. If you feed your dog this food and they start acting weird go to the vet immediately! 
*UPDATE* 
Taste of the Wild would like you to contact them with any questions or concerns. We are still working with the company to come up with an ultimate plan. If you would like to talk to a vet you can call 1-866-214-6945. Vets name is Dr Alexia Heldman. 
On a brighter note Creasy is doing better. We are still having a rough time with meals but his energy had gotten better and no longer throwing up or diarrhea!

Views: 625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This appears to be a FB anecdote. I cannot find any information anywhere other than this one person's story, and there is no current TOTW recall. Of course, TOTW is not one of our recommended foods, but there is no evidence that whatever is wrong with the dog in this story was caused by TOTW. 

I don't have any actual information however there have been several posts in the last day or two of people reporting that their most recent bag of food is making their doodle sick. Several people have contacted the company but so far there has not been a recall. 

wow, thanks Karen. 

Lori, thanks for posting. The information, even if unsubstantiated, is helpful for people who feed TOTW to check into.

Thanks Nancy! I have been doing some investigating on my own, simply because I was feeding TOTW a few years ago before they had a major recall. I don't know how many complaints it takes before a company does a recall but it does look like there are a number of dogs getting sick from recent purchases.

We fed TOTW also - until that recall move to the California plant. 

While there is no official recall yet, there are a number of dogs getting sick from recent purchases. Please do your own research if you're currently feeding this food. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/taste-of-the-wild.html https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/taste-of-the-wild.html?page=3

This sounds scary.  We started out using Taste of the Wild because that is what the breeder was feeding to her puppies but switched to Fromm after we finished the first bag. 

I have not followed Doodle kisses for awhile. Have been giving our Monty TOTW for 8 years cause when I researched it, it was not top of the line but sure met most  of what we were looking for. crap today i look in and hear it has turned into a shitty food? KAREN..........Where are you?  I trust that you will give  me the deal, what is the deal? are they getting shi8 from China now> 

Sharon, we took TOTW off our recommended list years ago because of sourcing from China, lack of transparency, and other problems with bad ingredients. They're owned and made by Diamond, which has the worst recall history of any pet food company. All that said, there is no known or confirmed issue currently, just the same internet rumors that surface regularly. If your dogs are doing well on it, there is no reason to panic or switch abruptly. But i would look into a different brand. 

I have no idea if it is related to food, but recently Monty has had some skin stuff. I took him in about 2 months ago with weird skin stuff, raised black stuff, they did not find anything to be worried about. at first he was licking it a lot, then stopped,. two days ago I seen a sudden raised red swollen type area on his belly, it was sudden i know cause I rub his belly a lot. Got freaked out seeing stuff on TOTW all over the internet. today he was switched to Orijen.  

He is now 8 years old and now  I wonder is he slow because he is older or am I killing him with inferior food? crap. back to the beginning, no more bully sticks, no more occasional raw hides, i'll start cooking for him all the time again. It appears that Diamond is not taking any responsibility, but it sure seems weird that this many people are suddenly complaining. :( 

Please provide photos of spots you reference. I feed my Monty TOTW, please share

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service