DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

About the last 3 nights Huff has been barking and whining while he is supposed to be sleeping. He always stops after a while. Last night he pooped and peed before he got in the house I offered him water and food. He hasn't done this since he was a puppy. I just wonder why he is doing this.

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Zeus did this about 4 times last night. I finally just turned the TV on and no more barking. Is there a way to leave a TV on for Huff without disturbing you from sleeping? Maybe this will help solve the problem.
He probably will keep barking even if the tv was on. I think he stoped now thank goodness.
I feel like I am at the braking point with his barking. I am tired and can't sleep, and I have a song stuck in my head. He won't give it a rest. I am a person who gets stressed easily, he is acting rediculous. Once he seems like he is done barking he starts again. I am trying to keep my cool. It makes it worse because now Taylor is starting school and she is at school as I type this. Huff dosen't like it when any of us leaves while he is supposed to be sleeping.
Hmm, maybe he needs a 4-legged playmate to occupy him. :-)
I wish, I have told my mom about almost every doodle that I see in DRC. :)  Recently she has been saying that if she gets another dog she wants a Standard Poodle. I have found not one animal shelter in the area that has a black Standard poodle, and all the poodle breeders are more up north.
Maybe he is lonely.  He gets to be with you guys all day, and doesn't want to be apart. I think most dogs want to stay with their pack thru the night.
Ya this is probably the problem.

I would try a radio on low also, we do that when we leave so they don't bark at every noise.

Maybe he's lonely-would he ever beable to sleep in your room on a bed on the floor??? Huff's a good boy, this will pass.

No my mom dosen't want him upstairs. And he would chew up all my toys. :)
Bryce, Maybe you need earplugs :)
Bryce, there's a reason for everything...Huff barks to express something!  Work to understand "WHY" he barking, and you may find it easier to fix this problem.  Keep your cool, and the two of you, together, can solve this!    I'd try keeping him in with you, so you can tell him, "Quiet!" when (if) he barks.  It will wake you up less and might help you discover what is at the root of his barking.  Good luck, and let us know what goes on.

Wilson has done this a couple of times also, and we discovered a bunny was behind our bushes and he would hear it !!

In fact during the day he would walk by our front window  inside of the house and try to smell it !!!  Strange I know but he would !! 

He has stopped the barking at night it just stopped !!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service