DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We spent the weekend with my in-laws. It has been 7 years now that Bodi has come along and they are doing well with that. They do not, however, want his dog dish in the dishwasher with the human dishes (sigh) so I hand wash his dish and dry with a paper towel. I didn't realize that they had purchased these new paper towels with soap in them (they didn't know either). So when I dried Bodi's dish, I was leaving behind soap. His belly was not too happy, but he is fine now. Unfortunately we did this a few times before we realized what we were doing and Bodi stopped eating . . .

I will say that the Dawn paper towels are good for cleaning up doodle-puke on a white carpet, just not for drying dog dishes!

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the warning. I've never heard of this product and quite frankly can't understand why anyone would buy it, lol. You'd have to keep separate rolls of paper towels, since you can't dry anything with a towel that's infused with soap. 

I agree. What will they sell next?
I buy them and use them as wash clothes to clean the dishes. They are pretty sturdy and can get the dishes fished well for the dishwasher then thrown out. I don't leave sponges or clothes laying around because of my immune system. I think they should be marketed differently though because that's not really a paper towel for drying. .

Maybe color them slightly to differentiate?

I think it would be easier to just squirt a little of your own Dawn on a regular paper towel, lol. 

I agree Karen!  Waste of a paper towel in my book.  Libby's dish always goes in our dishwasher with all of our dishes.  That is what the dishwasher is for!  LOL

Interesting. I'm with Karen on this one...why? But there must be a market for it. I agree, not for drying dog dishes. PS. Mine go in the dishwasher :)

Bodi's dishes always go in the dishwasher at home. I try not to do it in front of the MIL!

Wow, I've never heard of this product either. Thanks for the warning. Btw, my mother-in-law made a comment once when I had placed Cooper's water bowl on her counter. (Rolling my eyes).

Lol! Seven years ago my MIL agreed to let Bodi come but he would have to be in his crate in the basement! NO WAY! She realized he wouldn't beg at the dinner table, in fact when we sit at the table he sleeps at our feet!

Weird!  I can't imagine this product. Thanks for the warning-poor little Bodi!  Tara's bowls go into the dishwasher too! :)

Poor Bodi! Good you figured out the problem. I've been quite hesitant to buy them (even on sale) because I don't use dish detergent to clean granite counters, etc. and I would not want to keep two different rolls going.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service