DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Two days ago on Thursday I spoke with ________ Kennel about adopting a Goldendoodle that she took back and needed to be rehomed because the previous owners had some family problems.  It was agreed that my family would take the 3 hour trip to PA to see Murphy (the Goldendoodle) and if all went well, take Murphy home.  The night before my wife and son and I were in Petsmart buying basic supplies in anticipation of bringing home Murphy.  While in the store I got a call from __________ telling me she had bad news, she had sold Murphy to someone else.  She said she was sorry but that's the way it was.  Imagine our shock.  My son was devastated.  It's one thing to tell a prospective buyer another buyer had first option to purchase a dog.  It's quite another thing to stay silent and cover all bets, tell everyone what they want to hear and then break the news to the unfortunate losers.  I'm not sure what kind of breeder _________ and _________ Kennel is but as business people they are disreputable and unethical.  A word to the wise for anyone considering buying from this breeder.

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

To me this is a sign of someone who is only "in it for the money".  She sold out to the first person that came along not yet knowing who would be the best fit for that puppy.  Look for a breeder who:

responds to an email or phone call in a timely manner

doesn't not make you feel rushed when speaking to them and takes the time to answer all your questions

has a website that is up to date & clearly states what health testing, guarentees there are etc.

allows you to come in person to check them out

Also consider a rescue dog or puppy from the DRC.  Good luck to you and I hope you find your puppy soon!!!!

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words. I think many people could empathize with being in my situation and being shocked.

I totally agree that matching the right dog to the right owner is paramount in all situations. Just to be clear, what bothered me most about this situation was that the owner of the kennel was not upfront with me about having other buyers (never once mentioned this to me when we spoke or communicated via email) and justified her decision by saying that I never got back to her to tell her I was absolutely coming to her home. My big question is - if the kennel owner was so unsure about whether I was interested in Murphy why did she wait until after she sold the dog to another party before calling me and telling me, quote - "I have bad news, well maybe not that bad news, I sold the dog to someone else". No matter how she wants to twist the so called "misunderstanding" it still comes down to a bird-in-the-hand-is-worth-two-in-the-bush. Bottom line, someone showed up at her house first and paid for her dog. It still boils down to money and covering all bases to get it.

The good news my family is moving on. There is a family in Pensacola Florida who just had a baby and can no longer keep their 2 year old Goldendoodle Murphy (another Murphy, it must be a sign). I agreed to pay to ship Murphy from Florida to New Jersey and also pay her a small fee. If all goes well, I will be picking up the new addition to our family on Thursday from Newark airport.

Again, thanks everyone for your kind words of support and understanding.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service