DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

When I picked up Yarrow from the vet she peed a little when she saw me and it was tinged with blood!  There was nothing wrong with her pee this morning.  The vet tech told me to keep an eye on that and if it persists, bring them a urine sample!  What the heck!  I'm confused and upset.  Yarrow is dopey and whining.  Anybody else experience anything like this?

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, I just found this on the aspca website:

Monitor your pet’s urine for blood. A small amount may be present in female animals during the first 24 hours after surgery. If this continues or if your pet seems otherwise ill at any time, call the postoperative care line.

So, Yarrow's probably fine.  I won't worry.

Just posted on your other thread...I think it is fairly common. Rest up sweet Yarrow!

I have had no experience with spaying (I have two males).  To give yourself peace of mind though, just call your vet and ask if it is normal.  I hope Yarrow feels better real soon. 

Hoping Yarrow feels better soon.

I hope Yarrow feels better ASAP, thinking of both of you!

Hoping it's nothing and Yarrow feels better soon. 

Quite a few of our female foster puppies have experienced this also. Apparently, it is fairly common. 

Feel better Yarrow!! I hope your sweet girl is back to normal tomorrow! 

Good to know.  I can't believe the vet tech didn't know about this and worried me with threats of urine samples and antibiotics at a time when I was already stressed and emotional picking up my wobbly, wide-eyed pup.

I hope Yarrow is doing better this morning.

Hope all is well this morning! 

Oh poor little sweet Yarrow...we didn't experience this...but it sounds positive that there wasn't any visible this morning...just keep and eye on it Deb...sending best wishes for her to recover quickly and also lots of doodle hugs n' kisses...hope you feel better real soon Yarrow!

I'm hoping Yarrow is doing better this morning!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service