DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So here is a question for you doodle owners with boy dogs: (so glad my husband doesn't come on here or he would TOTALLY diss me on this); Stanlee’s eyebrows are getting longer and sometimes they cover his eyes making it a tad more difficult to see – or so I tell myself – do you pull back the hair with barrettes or ribbons so that you can see your dog’s beautiful eyes?  My husband says…..oh never mind, this isn’t the place for HIS comments.

Views: 384

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most recent picture on this computer - this was taken last Friday, August 24th.  Note the shorter scruffy coat and not the curly or wavy coat.  I know, his coat is wet but it isn't much different except the bottoms of his legs are really full but not the top - kind like he's wearing Ugg boots.

Here he is with a dry coat right after i brushed his hair out of his face.

Does he shed? If he sheds he may not have hair that grows as long. I really should have clarified that what I said was about not shedding doodles.

.....like a CAT!  Funny thing, though, I brush him every evening and hardly any hair is in the brush or comb but I have hairbunnies the size of Rhode Island floating over the wood floors.

When my Oliver's hair gets real long I just grab a bunch and put his hair into a pony tail on top of his head.  Ollie is OK with this :)  I love to see his beautiful brown eyes :)

I just trim the bangs with kid scissors using the same techniques for cutting as my hair stylist. I cut the first row of hair above the eyes making it longer as I move toward the sides so it flops over. I think it looks much better when it's trimmed but he is still a shaggy, mop of a dog! I don't have the heart to cut his crazy, long lashes yet...

This is how I kept the hair out of Cooper's Eyes when he was a Puppy, using Horse Braiding Bands.  It got to the point where he looked like a Unicorn, so since then I have trimmed only his eyes and a sanitary trim, keeping him at full length every where else, but just recently started using thinning shears on his Beard to keep from spreading water all over the house.

How stinkin cute is this! I put the same type band in Stan's hair and it shot straight up the same way. 

The first time I cut K-Leigh's hair I cut 8" off. I know dogs are not like people and they don't go blind with hair in their eyes but I cut K's hair around the eyes all the time.  I don't know if it makes her feel better but it does make me feel better.

I trim around their eyes, I love to see their expressive faces.  My Buddy really works his eyebrows when he cocks his head :)

Here is a before and after picture of Stanlee; this is why my DH mocks me:

Stanlee is adorable and I love how he is looking at you in the second picture!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service