DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

We decided to help a local shelter by becoming a foster home in special needs situations (they don't typically do fosters, but have a few people on hand for when circumstances arise).

In this case, they had an 8 week old puppy they didn't want to keep in the shelter (for immunity and socialization purposes). So we've been her home for the past 2 weeks, while they vet adoption applications, etc. 

Anyways, BB has been AMAZING with her in every way.  His temperament has just shone through these past two weeks, and we love him even more for it. <3<3<3 

I wanted to stop by here to share the cuteness and brag on my amazing doodle. 

BB and Foster Sister Wrestling from c on Vimeo.

(Last image is a .gif, if you click on it)

And another of BB from May that we like:

Views: 559

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Carla! 

Sweetest thing ever.

Eee! thanks!

This is great!!!

Thank you!

I fixed the video if anyone wants to watch. I seriously cant stop watching it its so adorable ;-]

OMD I love the video! Sadie would never, ever be so patient with a puppy. I'm glad to hear you'll be fostering more--BB seems to have a real gift for it!

That video is adorable! 

You probably already know this, but the puppy is part GSD. One of favorite breeds. :)

Thank you! I absolutely pegged her as GSD, but nobody else seems to see it but me! The shelter has her listed as "smooth collie, mix" I suspect that is to avoid the (unfortunate) breed bias that goes with GSD for some people. 

I think she has the SWEETEST little face!

Collie???? No way. There's GSD there, not a doubt in my mind. It will be interesting to see if her ears go up when she's a bit older, i hope her adopters will send you updated pictures as she grows.

It's very sad that so many people are afraid of GSDs. They were the original Guide Dogs for the Blind, and I always tell people, no dog that excels at guide work could be inherently vicious or aggressive. They are the breed of choice for police work not because they are vicious, but because they are brave, brilliant, work oriented, and also because they bond to a human faster and stronger than any other breed in existence. 

(Re: Collie) I know, RIGHT! ;-]

I hope so very much to see her as she grows up! I don't know how common that is, but I really do hope to "friend" the adopters, if they are willing.  I suspect her ears will go up; they sometimes "flop up" for a minute, or if she tilts her head a certain way one will open up. I can hardly take it.

When you meet her adopters before she goes home, give them your email address and tell them you would love it if they could send you photos occasionally and let you know how she's doing as she grows up. A lot of adopters are willing to do that. 

She looks even more like a GSD in those photos! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service