DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I know I'm just an expectant mom and my puppy is less than 3 weeks old but I have written two emails with no response from the breeder (I have sent her my deposit already).  She was quick to respond on initial inquiry and I spoke to her on the phone soon after that, but it's been almost 2 weeks since I've heard.  I know she's busy but a quick reply would mean a lot to me.  My question is what is the normal rate of communication between the breeder and you.  How often did you get photos?  Am I being too anxious?  Do I need a good slap on my hand to just be patient? 

Views: 1354

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes ~ the lack of communication would drive me crazy too!  I think it makes a difference what your occupation was or is and also your communication style as to how important computers, emailing, and etc. are to some people.  Just curious, with this breeder do you get to pick the puppy you want? 

Our breeder chooses the family for each puppy.  Of course, you express your preferences and lifestyle on your application, but the breeder has the final say which puppy goes to whom.  Our first time around, I did not understand that concept, but as she explained the puppies have been with her for 7 weeks (at which time they do the temperament testing)  and she then decides which puppy will do well with each family.  Our breeder said she wanted the best family for each puppy, not the other way around. It worked the first time, as Charlie is just the perfect little old soul for us and I am hoping it will be the same this time. 

I am looking forward to seeing your new little one.  Hang in there - it will be here you know it! 

Yes, she is holding the males so I can have first choice since I contacted her first and placed my deposit down.  There are only 2 males in the litter of 6.  I have told her basically what I am looking for as far as temperament, activity level, etc. and explained my daytime routine to her.  She is giving me first choice but I think she will also be able to give me advice as she will have spent more time with him.  I mean, if I choose the most hyper puppy because he happens to be tired from romping for hours and is mellow when I get there versus picking the more laid back guy who seems excited cause someone new is there to play with him.   lol    So, hopefully, between the two of us we'll get it right.  (hope that made sense)

Yes, makes sense to me.  I was thinking we should get a girl this time since we have a boy, but I have never had a girl dog before.  We shall see!  I am trying to just relax, but that is hard to do! 

They do get busy.  I remember Peri's breeder being a little late with pics one week, but as a whole, she was good at responding.  Do you happen to have her phone number?  You could always try calling. Email/internet makes things so impersonal now.  If you go another week, I would probably start to get a little more irritated and worried..that's just me.

Hi Allyson,

Yes, I have her phone number.  I thought with email she could respond when she wasn't busy (though it looks like that might be ALL the time.  LOL)   I will give her a call if I don't hear from her soon.  I'm not sure how often she takes new pics either.  But since I only have a 3-day old pic I would think she'd be taking more soon.

I did call her when I put my deposit down but she seemed really busy; I didn't want to bother her again when she's busy.

Give her this weekend and maybe call early next week.  I think most breeders understand how their families are - when you put a deposit down and are anxiously awaiting who your new family member will be, you want photos and regular updates!  I think they expect it, even though they are busy.  You may not Facebook, but Peri's breeder does Facebook and posts a lot on there also. That is how she still stays connected to a lot of families. And she posts pics of the litters, etc... also.  But again, I remember not getting photos every week.  It's hard to position each different puppy alone and take photos and distribute, etc....

Thanks.  I will take your advice and tough it out over the weekend.  sighs.   :-)

Patti, I think the whole picture thing is the problem. My breeder posts litter and individual pictures but they are not identifying each pup by weight or sex. I have been keeping my eye the three girls because one is a parti and two are chocolate. One chocolate with a lot more white and one with a darker nose. I think some people are more computer literate than others too and therefore easier to update the website or post to Facebook. Allyson gave you good advice, enjoy the weekend and call the early part of next week.

I was to get the last of the litter..:(  I was however head over heels about which ever doggie I got.  My breeder seems to go in spurts, lots of pics thru out the weeks, not so many the next time, I do think it is because of the energy they must dedicate to actually taking care of the puppies.  At the end, there were so many fabulous pictures, I didn't sleep for 2 weeks.  

When I went to get my puppy there was another left over from a litter nearly the same age.  I was so excited, now I could pick one.  It was a slam dunk, I PICKED my puppy that was the original puppy left for me to pick.ha!

I could have never ever asked to have a better  puppy more suited to us!  Hang tight, the day will come!

I am experiencing the same thing with my breeder. At first communication was great but then she almost never emailed me back. I asked a few times if I cold come for a visit and then days later if at all she would get back very short and skip all my questions. It drives me cazy. I think when spending lots of money and waiting for a puppy to join our family communication is key on a Breeders part. I think 48 hours is good business practice with anything but I guess I may expect too much.

I am very happy with my puppy and the breeder updates her web 2 times a week. I did get to visit finally. But I say call. I am sure everything is fine but this waiting is hard and sometimes you just want to talk to the breeder. I emailed mine last night after no communication since the playdate and to my surprise she texted me a photo. No words just a photo but I will happily take that.

Good luck!

Riley's breeder was pretty slow with the pictures but I think it was down to not being very computer savvy and also being very busy so I just waited it out with lots of impatience.  The new breeder of our puppy which was born three days ago has been posting photo's on FB twice a day! so I just think it may be due to personalities.  A phone call tomorrow or wait until Monday would be my suggestion.

Wow, I guess each breeder is really different, as I can see from the posts.  Our breeder was great, emailing us pics each week, and usually responded to all emails within 24 hours.  I don't know how she did it, to be honest.  I know it must be so hard to be patient like you are, but remember that it'll be here before you know it.  I promise you, it's well worth the wait.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service