DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Hi

I would appreciate any "private" recommendations (good or bad) on several labradoodle breeders in Southern or Central California.  We are looking for a mini or medium labradoodle.  Health & temperament are key for us as well as purchasing from a reliable and reputable breeder. 

I think I've read every page on the internet about breeders and visited every labradoodle site in California (and then some).  My mind is spinning.  I would love some personal recommendations.  Please forgive me if I am not supposed to post the breeders' names. 

One breeder I am considering says all of her dogs are from Rutland Manor and Tegan Park breeding stock but I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing after reading everything on the internet.  (There is a puppy available that we are very interested in).  The website appears to have everything you should look for in a breeder (but you can't believe everything you read on the internet). 

Can I assume breeders registered with the ALCA or ALAA are reputable breeders?  It seems that breeders have to go through an extensive process to be approved.  Should I avoid breeders not registered with this organization?

It appears most breeders have the puppies allocated before they are born.  Should I be concerned if there are lots of puppies not allocated from a particular breeder? 

Breeders currently considering (based on what they currently have or their upcoming litters):

Country Labradoodles, Paso Robles

Hales, Davis

Beau Monde, Riverside

Thank you for this super informative website.  It's been interesting reading all the posts and helping us plan better when we get our puppy.

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but the puppies that come from Rutland Manor and Tegan Park just means that they are genuine Australian Labradoodles. I am not familiar with ALD's but that is all I know. when looking for a breeder follow the things in this link http://www.doodlekisses.com/notes/What_To_Look_for_In_a_Breeder No advice on the breeders but good luck!

Yes, if they come from TP or RM, they are ALDs. 

All ALDs in the US are descended from those 2 breeders for the most part. Both of mine are. There is lots of controversy and many wonderful dogs too. No seal of approval guarantees anything. Check out the breeder and the health testing. My Calla came fomm Southern CA but I think her breeder has standards only.

I personally would not buy any puppy without meeting the parents first, even if that meant making an extra trip. The temperament of the parents has everything to do with the temperament of the puppies. 

Have you checked this out?

Our two sales groups on Doodle Kisses
Goldendoodle Puppies for Sale
Labradoodle Puppies for Sale

Also check our owner recommended breeder group for recommendations:
http://www.doodlekisses.com/group/ownerrecommendedbreeders

And finally some other non-DK related breeder lists to give you more ideas of places to check:
-- Premium Breeder List
-- Goldendoodles.com Breeder List
-- Goldendoodle Association of North America Breeder List
-- Australian Labradoodle Association of America Breeder Members

Late to the party-- i just sent you a friend request and would be happy to share with you info about our breeder in SoCal.  Couldn't recommend higher!

Could you please message me about your breeder? Thanks!

Thank you to everyone who responded.  The advice, suggestions and recommendations were great.  We did purchase a labradoodle, Tyson.  He is now 5  months old.   I need to update my profile photo of him.  I've just been too busy trying to figure out puppy training for him or maybe he's been keeping me busy training me.

I'm also in so cal and would appreciate to hear who you got Tyson from. Could you message me? Thanks so much

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service