DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

truthaboutpetfood.com/lawsuit-filed-against-champion-pet-food-acana-and-orijen/

All i know is that since production was shifted to the US, my dog won't eat this food. 

Views: 1452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to know.  I wasn't about to change all three of my guys from Acana anyway,  They're doing too well on it!

So no worries?  The test results they posted of the heavy metal content seemed really high.  But truth be told, I am not qualified to judge.

If you read through their data, even the levels they posted are well below acceptable limits. 
I honestly don;t know what to think. 

I feed Orwell Six Fish. That arsenic number freaked me out. However, given the evidence so far, I will continue to trust Orijen until proven otherwise. 

My next bag of food is free, so I would be bummed if I had to switch. However, I will do whatever we find is best going forward.

That's what I would do, I think.

We were on the 6 Fish for years when it was made in Canada but once production switched to the USA my dog decided he didn't like the new version and refused to eat it. We just recently switched to Petcurean Go! Limited Ingredient Venison.  He seems to do well on it in terms of the itchies.  We were struggling to find a good food that didn't utilize lamb or chicken. 

I will be curious to see how this plays out. I can't figure out why "they" would file a frivolous lawsuit. What is the point.

I have confidence in Champion, at least for now.  I have been feeding my dogs Orijen for years and they have had zero health issues. I will watch closely for results, but for now I have absolutely no intention of switching.

I do think it's not a bad idea to always have a back-up food in mind if you should ever need to switch for any reason. So those who are currently feeding a Champion product might want to just explore other options from our recommended brands list. Really, everyone should, no matter what you're feeding.

I know a long time ago I was thinking about Zignature, but I'll take a look again.

You might also look at Wellness CORE Ocean formula, if Orwell likes fish. 

Annabelle has been on Orijen since I switched her off the breeders crap. If I do have to switch her I will try Fromm, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Me, too.

If you go from Orijen to Fromm, I recommend the grain free Four Star formulas. There are 7 different ones.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service