DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Okay, I'm loosing it but what a better place to loose it than DK.

With the increase in popularity of some breeds of dogs the increase in pros and cons occur.

Take for example the increase in demand for  Dalmatians after the movie,  101 Dalmatians,  was released in 1996. Many of these dogs were found to be over bred and not the great family pets as once thought.  Many dogs lost their homes when families found they had to train them or this was not the right dog for a family, or " I bought the dog for my children but found they do not take care of the dog", etc.

Now with Doodles we are all witnessing the increase in popularity, BYB, adoptions, and posts that have become heart wrenching here on DK of those looking to re-home their dogs.  Expect to see more.

On to my point-CHICKENS.

In my area, and across the country, designer chickens are becoming a culturally  popular animal to get and place in the backyard. Cities in my area are now faced with voting on Chicken legislation.

Students and residents at Kent State University lost their battle to keep chickens in the yard.  Nearby, the City of Green, will allow the chickens but no roosters.  So no eggs.  My other son complained his professor talked more about his chickens than he did instructing his class.  Last week, a family member talked on and on about his chickens and how trendy they are.  All his friends were getting them.  In my area, it is everywhere.  It is a fad?   Designer Chickens.

I wonder if there are ChickenKisses.com?   I wonder if Petfinder.com will have 1/2 million chickens for adoption? 

The above Chicken, BETTY, needs a fenced in yard, another chicken to keep her company.  She also has fears the sky is falling... the ad reads on.

Views: 1122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree!!  

My sister lives in Santa Rosa and has had a troublesome neighbor for about a year. Not only did he have a dog who attacked a dog passing by. The neighbor makes lots of noise in his workshop in the late evening. Then he has chickens, this is in a city mind you, who make noise. But her most recent complaint is that he planted 2 pink flamingos on his front lawn : ) She is convinced her property value has plummeted.

A mean chicken I came across the other day. He didn't want his picture taken.

Darwin would hate having chickens around because they make him look bad. I think he's bitter because he's tried and failed to catch them. 

Great photo Camilla.  It's probably a good thing for the chickens that Darwin didn't catch them.  : )

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service