DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Chase is our medium sized LD, he is now two years old.  His mum was a chocolate LD (possibly second generation, I can't remember) and his Dad was a cream Australian LD.  Chase was very dark chocolate as a puppy.  In his first summer he went a little gingery on the tips from the sun.  I was combing him out today and realised just how dramatically his coat has changed lately.  Can't be the sun, it is the middle of winter!!  His face is quite a bit darker than the rest of his body, although it doesn't show so good in the picture.  So, I have been researching and wonder if he is turning into a Cafe Au Lait or a Lavender??  What do you guys think??

Our dark chocolate puppy when we first brought him home.

Chase today after a thorough combing!!

Views: 1390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you! She does not shed at all, but boy does she mat. I try and keep her hair shorter, so we have less problems.

Abby was dark chocolate as a puppy like Chase, her coat started to lighten when she was two.  She is three years old in this picture and her coat has a lot of silver in it.  Her mother is lavender. 

Charlie is the same way...

Here she is as a baby

and current

I think lavendar has more hints of purple or 'lavendar' when you look at it.  Whereas parchment is more like coffee with a lot of cream =)
Rooney is just a young pup in the top photo, very dark chocolate brown.  The lower photo shows much it has lightened up at 6 months, it has a bit of a reddish tinge now.  I love him both ways and can't wait to see how it changes as he gets older.  His father is a mostly white parti ALD whose brown turned into turned almost a cream color.  I don't see Rooney getting that light.

Here is Webster at about 5 weeks (pic from breeder).  He was what I would consider a dark milk chocolate.Here he is last month at almost 2 yrs old.  He is probably cafe-au-lait but I haven't check the color chart recently.  He does not shed enough to mention or mat but I keep his hair somewhat short so I suppose that helps.  I find it hard to take a picture which accurately shows his color.  If it is bright outside then he looks lighter, if it is dark then he looks darker.  I took some pics this weekend which, hopefully, will be true to color but I haven't gotten them off the camera.

It is just amazing how much they change. It makes having a chocolate doodle all the more interesting.
I just love looking at pictures of these beautiful brown toned doods!
no matter what the color is called they are all lovely!!!
Oh my goodness, I once met a golden doodle that had a pure white face and a pure brown body and I fell madly in love, Every day on my walks I would go past his house to try to see him.. I love the uniqueness of him. I think it is adorable. I don't like cookie cutter anything, and he just certainly is such a cutie pie..
Bedford was dark red chocolate as a gorgeous pup.   Now he has been turning for the past 6 months.  He turns (2) next month.  So I've heard the colors of cafe or mocha or latte.  What do you all think?
Attachments:
Love his coloring. He is a handsome doodle.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service