DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

In readying some previous blogs on doodle kisses, I came across Cliberdoodle Puppies, located here in Michigan.  They have a 12 week old English Golden Doodle that really excites me.  Her age, color, upbringing seems to be more than perfect.  I am certainly not an expert so any feedback on this breeder.

Thank you,

Molly

Views: 2061

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woudl be appreciated.  Opps, can you tell I am excited?

Hi Molly~  I posted a reply on your page/wall as we're not permitted to endorse a breeder "publicly" but are permitted to send you a message or post on your page.

Our new addition "Koda' is the litter mate to "Holly" <3  and yes....I can tell you're excited! LOL  You should be! :)

There are some Goldens called "English" but it usually just means they are the 'show' vs. field.  And typically these are lighter colored (whitish) and blockier/stockier.

We have a doodles from a line where the sire is an English Golden Retriever imported from Europe. The reputation is that they are calmer, but I have one extremely calm and quiet doodle from this sire and one wild and crazy nut-case from the same sire. So... It is the way it is.

English Golden Retrievers: Are They Actually Different?

Although they are not officially classified as separate breeds or even distinct varieties of the same breed, there are three main types of Golden Retrievers.

In no particular order, they include English Golden Retrievers (sometimes called "English Cream Golden Retrievers"), American Golden Retrievers and Canadian Golden Retrievers.

Golden RetrieverIf these types of Golden Retrievers haven't yet been classified separately by the respective breed registry bodies of any country (for example, the UK's Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club or the Canadian Kennel Club), is there anything that really sets English Golden Retrievers apart from the other types?

All three types of Golden Retriever possess a friendly, eager-to-please, affectionate demeanor, but they also have many other characteristics in common, including loyalty, gentleness and intelligence.

Despite their many common features, however, there are some distinct differences.

That said, the distinctions between the types are in their appearance, not their personality or temperament.

The English Golden Retriever is the original type, with the American and Canadian types diverging from it during and after World War II.

In general, the English Golden Retriever can be regarded as being more faithful to the original Golden Retriever body type than the more recently evolved Canadian and American versions.

Over the course of time, American Golden Retrievers evolved into a slightly leaner, lighter dog while English Golden Retrievers retained their heavier, stockier, more muscled body structure.

The English Golden Retriever's skull is broader and the forequarters in particular are more muscular. Its forehead is blockier and its muzzle is a bit wider and shorter.

English Golden Retrievers also have sturdier, shorter legs, slightly deeper chests and shorter tails. Overall, they present a heavier, more square appearance than American Golden Retrievers.

English Golden Retriever

English Golden Retrievers are also known for their round, dark eyes. In contrast, the eyes of the American type are more triangular or even slanted and have a slightly lighter, medium to dark brown color.

All Golden Retrievers have gorgeous coats, but there are some differences between the coats of the American and English varieties, particularly in coat length, texture and color.

The American variety features fluffy, lushly plumed coats, while English Golden Retrievers typically have slightly wavier coats that are less fluffy but much thicker.

It was too long for one post. Here's the rest of the article by Edie Mackenzie.

All Golden Retrievers are "golden" to one degree or another, but as the name implies, English Cream Golden Retrievers tend to be lighter in color than the other varieties.

Unlike the American and Canadian Kennel Club breed standards, the British standard specifically permits cream colored coats.

The coats of English Golden Retrievers typically range from a pure light cream, to cream touched by gold, to a dusting of gold throughout the coat.

Some English Golden Retrievers have darker golden coats, but this coloration is much more unusual in English dogs than in the Canadian or American variety.

In general, you can view this type as being the classic, traditional Golden Retriever first developed more than 100 years ago.

If you're in the United States you might not see them quite as often as American Golden Retrievers, but English Golden Retrievers are much more popular in the United Kingdom, throughout continental Europe and in Australia, and they're gaining ground rapidly in the United States.

For more information on Golden Retrievers, check out Edie Mackenzie's - -

Thank you for this information. I wonder where the "easy going temperament" rumor came from. ;o)

My guess is that since those aren't typically the 'field' type labs they might be less high strung and that together with marketing = mellow rumor.  But I think the key to remember when it comes to "English" doodle of any kind is that whether the English half was mellow and blocky (or not) there's always the poodle side and the ancestors on both sides and that contributes to the mixed breed doodle too. You don't just get the best from both parents...you get all the combos possible.

I think my photos are "public" but if they arent feel free to "friend" me. I have some great pictures that show the physical differences. Our Gaston-Cramer is an f1b from an American line.....our Rosie (and now Koda too) are f1's from English lines. There is a distinct appearance difference between the two that goes beyond their coats. :)

You must be talking about Holly, right?  She is adorable!  I always keep up on Cliberdoodle's website.  Definitely I'd go for it!  Great breeder from what I know!  I've talked with April on the phone before.  Very nice lady too!

Thanks to everyone for your responses and/or exchanges.  Tomorrow we will be picking up Holly as you know her today.  I have had a dream of naming my dog Bissell (will call her Bissy) for a few years now since I think dogs make great vacuum cleaners.  They are always there to pick up that little crum that was missed or dropped.  Since Holly was born on Christmas, hence her name, Holly, Bissy's middle name will be Noel.  Need to keep the spirit alive.

I wanted to surprise my two boys but I couldn't hold it in.  When I told my older son (3rd grade, age 9) that we were getting Bissell and he saw her photo he lit up.  It was priceless.  With a smile from ear to ear he said, "yes, my dream came true" and proceeded to tell me he wrote a persuasive letter to me about his wish for a dog that I will read at parent/teacher conferences on Tuesday.

Can't wait to meet to her tomorrow and hang out with her all weekend long.

Good Night and enjoy your doodle loving.

Molly

Wow!  That was really quick  :)    So glad for you.  Move over Rabbit.  LOL

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service