DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

My new puppy has been home for five days and it has been an E motional ride. He went to his first vet appointment on Saturday, which revealed he was under nourished. Vet was concerned, He weighed in at 4.2 and he wanted to recheck his weight again today. He is not a great eater..... 1/4 C per feeding if I'm lucky. Karen has been a God sent with her support. His stools are pretty normal, a little on the soft side and very frequent but no diarrhea. He sleeps all day. Plays for 10-15 minutes and is out for hours. He sleeps all night....does not whimper in the morning to get out of crate.... I have to wake him up when I get up at 7:30. Went back to vet today. He's up to 4.13 lbs but vet is very concerned with his lethargy. Says puppies sleep a lot but this is excessive. He slept through 1.5 hour vet visit, nail clipping and all. Woke up for fecal and straight back to sleep. Vet wants him back in the AM before feeding for blood pre and post meal. Wants a cbc and to check for a liver shunt. Breeder says I can take him back and get me money back. How would I do that? He's already part of my family. I'm completely besides myself fecal on Saturday and today were normal. . Praying that tests are Normal and that he starts to perk up. Has anyone experienced this? Please say prayers for my cooper.

Views: 1303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have had our miniature goldendoodle for a little over a month now.  She was quite undernourished when we got her but didn't see initially because of all the fur!  I think it was because she had worms.  She regained her health and she became much more lively over the month.  We fed her a high protein puppy food, grain free, and fed her at multiple times during the day.  We also used can food for a a little while (after her spay, we felt very sorry for her) to make it easier for her to eat.  Overall, she is actually quite laid back in temperament.  From what I hear goldendoodles tend to be very good dogs and laid back. The vet said that it would take about 3 weeks to start to show her true personality (like being a guest in someone's house, the puppy won't want to act up).

I hope test yield no severe problems that can't be easily cured.  Good luck.

Praying for your pup and hope all tests continue to come back as normal. Please keep us posted.

Prayers! Hope everything is ok!

Annabelle is a mini. She was 10 weeks and 4lbs the day we brought her home. She topped out at 14lbs at a year old. Her projected weight from the breeder was 20-25lbs. She wasn't all that active the first month and she slept a lot. Now she is a ball of energy. She was not a great eater the first few months either, if I sat with her while she ate she did better but still not great. Now she is a little eating machine. Cooper is in my prayers that he is fine.

I was happy to read that he was more active today and enjoyed running around for a while. Have you asked the breeder how the other puppies in the litter are doing? Perhaps they are all small and your little guy is behaving similarly. 

My mini labradoodle (now 33lbs full grown) was only 5lbs when he came home. He's always been slender and a picky eater. When he first came home I couldn't get him to eat, it turns out he just hated his food! After switching his food at two weeks things have been a lot better. We also added some high calorie foods (whole milk plain yogurt) and treats (liver, cheese, peanut butter) to make sure he got his calories. Sending positive thoughts!
I can't thank you all enough for all of your caring words and positive thoughts. I will update you all tomorrow when the lab work comes back.
Pawsetive Prayers!
Oh my Im so sorry! You will get to the bottom of this & get him on the right track, I know it. Prayers for you & him

Prayers for sweet Cooper and hope all his tests are normal. 

Saying prayers for your baby. Hoping for good news today! 

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service