DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

In case I didn't embed the video correctly...a link to the full article

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2013/05/22/consumerwatch-tests-on-...

Views: 274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

have tried multi times, but just can't get the video embed code to take.  

Wow, not good news for dogs!

Wow...100% fail rate on those tested, no wonder they didn't list which ones were included.  Not so good for our doodles!

Thanks for posting this : (

Thanks for sharing, but WTD?  This does not make me feel good about Camus traveling with me in the car and since he goes to work with me he is in the car a lot.  I use the easy walk harness for him!

I know, I thought Harley's car harness was pretty good.  Like the vet said, something is better than nothing, but I look forward to a day when there are standards that have to be applied. 

This article is interesting but until they post what harnesses they tested, they won't get much buy in from me.

"The Virginia-based CPS would not disclose which harnesses the nonprofit tested out of fear even fewer people will secure their pets"

How will disclosing what was tested keep people from securing their pets. Wouldn't it do quite the opposite and steer them into more research for a better product? I'm really hung up on that since it would seem so odd not to post that incredibly significant detail of the story.

I do feel comfortable with what I use for Goldie as I did months of research and found it recommended on here but then went and watched the crash tests for it and did mine own research. I'd be interested to see if it was part of this test.

I had read that Subaru was involved in setting standards for dog restraint systems. I hope these tests result in some recommendations. This is scary.

Basically, they told you nothing helpful except that the current safety harnesses tested failed 100%.  So......... with the current products, I think the most you can expect is that if your dog is restrained while in the car, his movement will not to inhibit the driver.

Yup! We experienced this first hand when I stopped short broken harness clip..Jack hit the windshield ....they need solutions.

I for sure would not use the EZ harness to strap your dog in..that applies a lot of pressure just when they pull from walking I can't imagine I pact or stopping short....ouch!

The important thing to know about this initial testing of dog car harnesses from the Center for Pet Safety is that they only tested four dog car harness brands. Also, they indicated in their study that some of the harnesses they tested have since been improved by the manufacturer. And, one final point, for liability reasons they are not allowed to tell us which four brands they tested.

The Center for Pet Safety is doing a wonderful thing and I am in full support. So are the manufacturers of the dog car harness brands that I sell. Kurgo is giving them their dog car harness brands to test and they have occasional meetings on how the harness can be approved. Bergan is also scheduled to meet with them. I haven't contacted Ruff Rider or Pet Buckle yet, to see if they are working with this non-profit organization. But I imagine they are as well.

Things are improving! Pressure from dog owners who demand good products to keep our dogs safe will hopefully help. In the meantime, do make an attempt to keep your dog safe. Something is better than nothing!
Tonight I'll post a video from a recent news story. It says it all as to why we need to change.
I for one, love having my dog ride up front. My buddy. But, I force myself to never do this again

Thanks Dawn, for being our expert in this topic

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service