DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Rico is now 15 weeks and all of a sudden his hair has gotten out of control. He looks like a homeless puppy who's never been combed! I comb him every other day and noticed that his hair is crazy because he has another type of hair coming out. Wow. I don't remember my Sophie's hair going through this. He originally had straight hair and now it looks like there's wavier hair and darker coming through. I've also noticed that his hair is not as soft as Sophie's. She has super soft wavy hair and his is thinner. Maybe more like a retriever? Will it shed? I don't noticed so much hair when I comb him. I'm beginning to think that he's going to be more of a retriever and funny that she's more of a poodle. Ok...well both of them together I have Goldendoodles.

Views: 337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's hard to tell whether he will shed until he's at least a year old.  If his hair is fairly straight there's a good chance he will shed though.

From his puppy pics he looks to me like he will be pretty fluffy, but probably not curly.  So cute!

Ahhh 15 weeks.... yes, the funny hair is right on time. Our first doodle didn't go through this awkward stage but the second one did, and we laughed for months at his wild coiffure. He's just gorgeous now. (Although there remains a bit of humor on the very top of his head, but it suits his personality.) Enjoy the laughs.

Also - here's Luna's "weird"  hair at around 18 weeks :p  She got this really odd "eel stripe" of wavy hair down her back... now she's wavy all over.  It started along her spine then "spread" to the rest of her body.  She also had a funny corkscrew going around her tail.

Luna at 18 weeks (3)Luna at 18 weeks (2)

Thanks!! really appreciate the feedback thought that it was strange but glad it's common!! Lol.
Also appreciate seeing Luna's pic playing in snow! I'm in Florida and today it's close to 100 degrees!!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service