DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Some of you may remember a couple of years ago when Daphne all of a sudden was sprouting Golden Retriever-like hair. Well it happening again. Last time it was one long spot on her back. Now she seems to have three smaller spots right down the center of her back. I am not worried about it as I know from her previous experience, there really is no explanation and its not something that causes her pain or harmful in any way. Its just a little odd. And as I recall, it took about a year for it to grow completely out.

Here is the link to the previous discussion:

http://www.doodlekisses.com/forum/topics/is-daphne-changing-color?i...

Views: 434

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is that a bunny?

Yes, a little lost bunny that we found in our yard one day! He was reunited with his very worried family shortly afterward! He did spend one night with us though! :)  I thought of him again when I saw Daphne's coat changing to spots!

And, at least the spots match her ears so she is still color coordinated! 

Do you use spot on flea and tick treatments?

No, I worry about those chemical burns some dogs have gotten.

That is wild!  Eloise had a patch of hair that looked exactly like that with the same texture - but hers was regrowth after a hot spot, so not the same.  Hers took the better part of a year to return to "normal" too.  Keep us posted if she turns even more parti-doodle!  :)

Definitely! I don't care what color she is as long as it doesn't change her personality!

So true Lori!  I think the color spots give character!   I like it!

Well it will certainly make her easier to find in a crowd of light colored Doodles!

I wonder why it always seem to happen on the back? Winnie has the same thing! Since she is completely red, it's not as visible. But, she clearly has a couple of "retriever" patches on her back that have a thicker texture and aren't as curly. Very odd...

I was starting to wonder if maybe Pippa bit her too hard during playtime but Daphne is not very stoic and would definitely have let everyone know. Also, Pippa mostly bites her legs or her neck during playtime.

My Bedlington terrier I used to have would get the same thing on his back only it was black coarse hairs in his soft gray coat. I finally figured it out . As he would go under a coffee table where he liked to hang out and nap...his back would rub the edge of the table as he went under. This resulted in what I suppose you could call a bruise to the skin and the coarse hairs grew. It would come and go and this was the only explaination I could ever come up with.

Well, I suppose its possible that Pippa bit her and I didn't see it happen..Lol!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service