DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

One of our 6-month-old goldendoodles, Noodles, has gone through five crate mats, two in the last two days. The first few she would just tear and get into the filling, but the last two times she tore into the mat covers and ripped the inner foam pads to pieces.

We are trying different types of mats and also have toys and a blanket in the crate to occupy and comfort her. She is always exercised and tired when she goes into the crate at night, and she always goes in without a fight.

It's obvious there's something going on with her - she's frustrated or something - but right now I don't know what to do.

Anyone who has had experience with this have any advice for me? Could it be that the crate is too small for her now? She can lay down OK but can't stand up fully. I tend to not think that's the issue because she loves to be in small spaces - she still crawls into a cage-like area under the metal and wood coffee table in our family room as she did when she was much smaller.

Views: 335

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Boca still sometimes likes to chew fabric if she can find it and she's bored.  I think it's just pleasurable to tear things up and unstuff for some dogs.  It's totally okay to not have a bed/mat in the crate. 

My sixteen month old prefers nothing in her crate - doesn't matter what it is, she will chew it up.  She sleeps fine out of  it, but in the crate is best with nothing. She does well with a cushy bed - buy until just a month ago she would chew that if not watched.    The complaint forms have not been filled out, apparently she is fine with hard plastic, in the car she shoves blanket out of her way..

Meanwhile I have a fourteen week old that does not touch his bedding - not a wrinkly or toothmark, even his little towel on the kitchen floor stays tidy.

They are all different.  I don't see the size of your crate - have no idea if it's too small, but this is a case of size does matter.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service