DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is driving me nuts! I have a big water bowl for Fozzy Bear on the floor. But I cannot leave it on the floor because if I do, the two front paws go right into it and Fozzy begins digging - in the bowl. If I put a small bowl on the floor, I am constantly filling it up. If I put the water in an elevated dish, he tips it over. Has your dood ever done this, and if so, has he grown out of it??? He also tries to dig through our kitchen floor!

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My Springer and Ned "danced" in their water bowls and both outgrew it. We just bought heavy bowls so they couldn't be tipped over until they out grew it, We also bought travel bowls (about 6 bucks) that have a tight fitting lit and don't spill when tipped that we use in the RV. I just use two and refill them constantly. I love the bowl Adina suggested because it looks bigger. I would definitely choose one of those over my smaller ones if I can find them.
I had to put our stainless steel water bowl INTO a heavy ceramic bowl to keep Kona from tipping the water all over the place. Now the only time she digs in her water bowl is when it is empty :) She also loved to tip and carry her food bowl all over the house and yard. I found a cool stainless food bowl that is totally rounded and cannot be tipped or picked up.
I purchased a nice elevated bowl set at Walmart for $20, stainless steel bowls enclosed in a polyurethane. I was thinking - does Fozzy Bear need his nails clipped? Maybe this is a signal for this? Good luck!
I wish it was the problem....just clipped them Friday. It is a very big bowl, I use it for both dogs. I think it is like a pond for him! lol. He is constantly jumping into the empty bathtub too. Maybe its just that he likes to play with/in water.
Ozzy did the same thing, my kitchen floor was always wet.... Ozzy would do this where ever he saw water. He did out grow it, now he just dribbles all over after taking a drink....My floor my never be dry again.

I am planning to make an elevated feeding/water station. I though we could design it so that it looks like a small wooden bench. Then we would cut holes in the top with a jig saw and use stainless steel bowls that would fit into these holes. I have seen some in pet stores that were expensive and I thought that they looked easy to make. It could be painted our stained to match the decor of any kitchen and protected with a coat of polyurethane. This project would be inexpensive and kind of fun to make. It would look something like this:In fact, maybe there are plans onthe internet for something like this.
And doodlekisses members could order them from their newest entrepenaur!!! LOL
I renovate houses for a living so I am pretty handy-maybe i should market these things. After all, I was watching Oprah the other day and the guy who sells the "snuggy" (that blanket thing with sleeves in it-he has commercials on late at night) made 60 million dollars last year!! My feeding station would of course be in "designer style" Ha LOL. I just posted a discussion on these elevated eating stations-not really a good idea. But I will design one that is just off the floor with the bowls enclosed so these clumsy doodles can't knock them around. Hmmm-good idea you gave me! thanks, Debbie
You are welcome. ;)
Only if you take pictures making these "slightly" elevated bowl-holder while wearing a pink tool belt! :-)
I thought the drippy beard was the worst thing ever!

I have an elevated station with the name "PETZONE" on it. It holds a water and food bowl. It also stores >20lbs of kibble that is easily accessible.
I have a 22 month old Golden Doodle who has been living with both front paws in her water bowl since she was a baby. I have tried using the set ups where the water is dispersed based on how much they drink but she just got frustrated with it and "trashed" it. I have gone to a much smaller bowl but she still puts her foot in one at a time and then she will paw the water out. We had a big stainless steel water bowl that was rounded and she loved that one best. She would stand in it and then lay down tipping the bowl towards her thereby getting her neck and chest wet as well as her paws. Needless to say, I took that bowl away. When we are playing at our neighbor's there is a bucket. That is great fun. Gracie likes to "wash" her tennis balls. She carries 2 in her mouth and drops them both in the water bowl or bucket. Then she will roll them around with her nose and bite them to make sure they are clean before picking them up and going on with her play. The bucket is the most fun though. She will put her paws in it and try to sink her balls. Then she will stick her head completely in as if she were bobbing for apples! She is a kick to watch. Just loves the water and there is no way around it other than restricting the water. I do take her tennis balls away when we are in the house so I don't have wet carpet! Since we live in San Diego and our weather isn't too bad, we have a doggie door in the kitchen and her water bowl is outside in the patio. That keeps the flooding down but I still have to contend with the dripping wet paws and snout that enter back in through the door! It is a constant battle and I will never win! I just take a towel and wipe her off when I catch her doing it. I don't think you will win this battle!!!!

As far as digging. She loves to dig on her doggie pads or in her foam bed. She doesn't sleep in/on them. Just uses them to store her toys and dig and bury them underneath. Strange little girl my Doodle...but she keeps us laughing all the time.

Nancie and Gracie Doodle

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service