DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Holler back if anyone has done the DNA test for their dog. I am awaiting my dog's results in agony, it takes forever. Just thought I'd find out if anyone has done this and recieved interesting results.

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No they aren't really a scam, but the technology isn't 100% there to give  results you can bank on.  It would be fun to do with a dog of unknown background :)
Looking at your photos, I think Huskin's coloring suggests some Airedale. Did you do a search by DNA? More posts might come up where others have asked the same questions.
Laurie..you are totally correct. His coloring is exactly like an Airedale...I love those dogs but they are not very popular in the USA. I come from England they are extremely popular and everywhere. I am positive his test will come back with a little Airedale in him...
We have a beautiful Airedale in our neighborhood. He jogs along side his owner and I see them as I drive my two up to the park.

When I look at the shape of Huskins head, he doesn't have that airedale nose. His head really throws me off. He has a slight slope down from his brow to his nose, airedale pics show no slope on the nose. Maybe it's just the way their hair grows or they are groomed that way. I've never been up close to inspect an airedale. Could you check that neihbors dogs nose for me and let me know? Hehee.... Just kidding!

I did a few weeks ago, i'll try again! Good suggestion. It would be fun if i met others in my sit. I think that would be cool to see what kind of dog they have. The airedale was one of my first guesses too guys! What would that be, airepoo or airdoodle?
Ha,Ha!  He looks just like the stuffed, toy dog I had when I was a kid.  It was my favorite, too!
Yeah, I had that dog too. It was actually a bearded collie. I looked up pics of those recently and see Huskins in them too!
No, I haven't but am seriously thinking of it. I would carry the results in my purse and tell everyone that Myla is not a Bichon mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, that's what they look like. I'm sorry, I must confess! Icouldn't put my finger on it before, but when I first saw their picture, I thought they looked so feminine and more foofoo than a GD. If they have Bichon, that would explain it. I don't blame you for wanting to check, it would be fun to find out for sure. Theres gotta be something else in their ancestry that gives them that softer, fluffier fur and smaller frame. I love their names, by the way!
We did a DNA test for our rescue girl, Lexi. She was listed as a goldendoodle, but we were curious if that was true and decided to do it. It gave the option of sending a picture, but we were afraid they might base their results partly on the way she looked, so we decided not to and only sent the swab. As others have said, it wouldn't have mattered to us what combination she turned out to be, but we were thrilled to find that she was 1/2 standard poodle and 1/2 golden retriever. Now that she's 1 1/2+, there's no doubt that she's 100% doodle-- goofy, loving personality and all!
Wow, so her coloring may be from a black poodle mixed with a light colored golden to get the silver/gray. I haven't really seen any grey GD's on DK yet. Very unique, I love it! She looks like a smaller one too!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service