DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

I was wondering this because Ozzy has always slept facing the foot of the bed except when cuddling of course.But right after he will turn around and put his butt in my face.lol.I thought nothing of it but Dakota sleeps the same way.Do all dogs sleep like this in your beds?

Views: 2760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gracie Doodle does!

More often its foot facing with Rosey.  I remeber once reading something that dogs associate to the smell of your feet and feel more comfort that way because that their usual scent of you since they are low to the ground.  Not sure if that was a myth or what but it kinda makes sense!!

Wait a minute Suzann...do you go to bed with dirty stinky feet???  OMG...and...your feet are way under the covers so wouldn't it be sort of hard for the scent to reach the dog?  Gracie sleeps at the foot but wants no part of our feet.  If we ever at any time awake or asleep put our feet on her she jumps up and moves.  She is asleep on the floor right now and if I touch her with my feet she will leave!  So I don't know if I buy that reasoning...lol

Nancie!! How dare you talk about my feet that way!! I thought we were friends??  LOL!!  I have no idea where I heard this and a 60 second google search turned up nothing.  But what do you mean the scent is hard to reach the dog under the covers??  They can probably smell me miles away and not cuz I stink!! 

Now if Gracie moves when you touch her with her feet maybe your feet stink!! <3<3

ha ha...never stinky feet here!!!!  I just Googled too and there were some pretty strange reasons but it basically came down to being pack animals and they know they are not the head of the pack so they defer to the foot of the bed.  I thought somewhere I had heard all dogs face South.  Actually, Gracie is facing South the way our bed is situated.
ha ha!!  doods are on the couch with me now and yes, they are facing south!! LOL
Now that I think about it she does lay that way most of the time.

How funny!  I laughed when I saw this post.  Our doodle definatley sleeps like that when she is up in our bed.  My husband and I have joked about it too!

Now that mention it, Fudge almost always sleeps facing the foot of our bed. Vern sleeps across the bed, so you have no leg room.
Murphy does.  I assume that he is facing the door and guarding me...Protecting me from his human brothers who may wonder in at odd hours.
Hmmmmm....I'll have to pay attention to this.  Trav often starts out sleeping with his head on a pillow, but shifts around quite a bit during the night.

I assumed it was a vigilance thing too. 

Or maybe "Here is my butt, so interesting, right?:  Data for you if only you had a zillion more receptors in your nose.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service