DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

Just wondering who here allows their doodles on furniture and if you have any rules. My boys love the couches and I have no issue with it except with Jake who uses the recliners as springboards to jump onto his unsuspecting brothers. Ill have to see if I have a picture of him doing this but usually I am telling him not to use the chairs for play. That dog has more energy than a power plant!

The dogs are allowed to be on beds but they do sleep in there crates. I just cannot have 240 lbs of dogs on our master bed at one time while me and hubby attempts to sleep. The kids want one of the dogs to sleep with them but they still have too many toys on the floor that can be chewed.

Yesterday, Mac "found" my bed. I think he looks quite comfy. He didn't want to get off of it but hubby had to move him because Mac was on his side. So he picks him up and Mac decides to do the 63 lbs of dead weight routine as hubby attempts to move him. LOL. I'd love to see pics of your doodles on the people furniture. :)

Here is Mac on the bed for the first time. No problem jumping up to the bed which is pretty tall.

Don't Move Me:

Pure Bliss:

I don't use furniture as springboards...much...

Pickles and Mac after backyard rompfest:

130 lbs of White Fluff (Brisby and Mac):

Views: 1108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Top right and bottom left sooo cute - should have been calendar submissions!!

These are so fun! Oh to have a couch outside in the sun!

We had all sorts of "rules" before Banjo actually came home.    We threw them all out the window the minute he arrived.   : )   He seems to prefer one chair in the living area (we call it his chair), and has "his" chair in the bedroom, which sits right next to his Doggie Bed.

We let ours everywhere too, that is one very good reason that I keep them clean and well groomed at all times LOL

For the first year, Dory was not allowed on the furniture.  Right about the time she turned one she was allowed up on the couch as long as she was invited.  I was amazed how easily she understood the 'invite only' rule.  I never allow her in my bed, but my best friend lets her sleep in the bed. Again, I'm amazed by how well she understands that she can sleep in that bed, but not my bed.  She's one smart doggy.

I allow my girls on the furniture and beds, too.  They can be on the family room furniture, but aren't allowed on the couches & chairs in other rooms (simply because those are newer and/or I don't want doggie nails on the fabrics.)  They both understand the pieces that are off-limits.  When each of them was just learning the rules, they had to be invited up, but now they come and go as they please.

Eloise is allowed to sleep on my bed, but Beasley still sleeps in her crate.  It will be interesting once Beasley is out of her nighttime crate.  Beasley is my velcro girl and likes to cuddle, while Eloise is not a fan of Beasley touching her when she's sleeping.  Eloise jumps off the couch if Beasley invades her space (so part of me doesn't want Beasley on the bed, because I don't want her kicking Eloise off!  But, I do like Beasley cuddles, too. :))  If only I could teach Eloise to be more assertive with Beasley, lol. 

And those are the SWEETEST pictures of Mac, and all your doods!!  Mac just looks like he's found heaven on the bed!

Eloise with her Wubba

Beasley Crazy Hair

Jack has the same Wubba and loves it! I'm lovin that crazy hair!

Beasley, adorable, love that hair!  Finn loves his wubba too and I just can't figure it out ???

Thanks!  :)  I need to post new pics of her with her crazy teenager hair!  I know, it's so funny - the wubba is the one toy Eloise never seems to tire of.

Sweet photos, Jenn.  Looks like a very happy home!  Love how your doodles have accepted Mac.

I had lots of rules too.  None of my other dogs were allowed on the furniture. Oh how things change, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I created my own little couch "monster."  :)  When Finn was little he was always underfoot, so sometimes I'd scoop him up and put him on the couch or bed.  He wouldn't jump down, so I knew exactly where he was.  I still know exactly where he is :) (can you tell I just learned how to make collages lol)

Baby Finn! OMD! All so cute.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service