DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

DH is gone for a few days, so I am home alone. I was checking doors and locks last night before bed and I had that insecure feeling of how vunerable I was home alone. Then I looked at Murphy right behind me and I realized I felt so much safer having him with me, because at the very least he would alert me to an intruder.

I then wondered...what would he do if someone really did try to break in? Would he go greet them at the door and lick them like he does with every visitor? Would he go hide under the bed if they scared him leaving me out there to fend for myself?  Would he sense my fright and stay by my side or would he go attack (do doodles ever attack?) the intruder?  I have never heard of any of us having our dog protect us in a scary situation.  I know when I fell and got hurt while walking him once he sat right by my side, leaned into me and whined while I cried. So I think he would just stay near me. Anyone have other experiences with your doodle protecting you? 

Views: 273

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gotta love the idea of Protecting our doods!   :  )

My husband works away and we live in a very rural area.  My doods do bark at noises outside - usually deer (!!) - but I let them bark for a little before telling them enough.  I want people to know that we have dogs.  My older LD has a very intimidating bark, but in reality he is a goofball!  My younger, and smaller, LD is very timid and would bark before running around in circles with a toy in his mouth!!  I think they take their cue from you though.  When we are walking down the dirt road we live on, if I have heard something out in the bush and am feelinga bit anxious, I have noticed that Hartley, the older one, in particular starts to walk very close to me and really perks up - head up, tail up, ears up.  I think that if someone was trying to get into the house and I was scared, they would pick up on that and react.

I remember in Marley and Me, that dog was a complete goof but when someone in theur neighbourhood got attacked he stood guard growling and being very protective until the police got there and the owner called him off.  Hopefully my boys would do that too!

They make me feel very safe! Both of mine have very deep barks that usually scare off salespeople. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service