DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

This is a Bissell Poweredge Pet hard floor vac-I'm SOOOOO tired of tumbleweeds! I keep finding hair tumbleweeds in the same places everyday or even multiple times a day. I sweep them up and next time I go back and they are back! It is SO FRUSTRATING! DH had put a new laminate floor in the office and we had one in the kitchen. I was using a broom and dustpan and then I would go over it again with a dry swiffer mop before I mop the floor. DH is VERY particular about what I use so it doesn't scratch the floor.

Last weekend I found this-it has rubber wheel (not plastic) and the pink things are like rubber sweepers and it sucks it up. The shape is to get against the baseboards. Just what we need is ANOTHER vac in the closet but I will break the bank buying swiffers for 2 rooms now to use multiple times a day! Anyway, if someone has this or seen it in person do you think it would pick up tumbleweeds for good (until next cleaning not next hour) or what do you do you use on laminate/hardwood?? My doodles don't shed a lot but there's quite a bit of those creatures everyday.

On Bissell.com if you order before June 30th-you get 10% off ($44.99) free shipping and then they will also donate 10% to animal shelters. So now would be the time. It's 49.99 at Target.

ANY advice??? It's driving me nutty! I know there are bigger issues in the world but this one keeps popping up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love my swiffer sweeper - it is a regular swiffer with a hand held vacuum on the bottom of the handle.  It plugs in to recharge it.  Mine is several years old and still recharges well.  They are a little hard to find, try Home Depot, Lowes, etc. About $30 I think.  The only part actually touching the floor is the swiffer cloth.
Thanks that was my original idea-saw them at Target too. At least I know it will last for a few years!

I use this Hoover Lynx. I did buy an extra battery so that I could do the whole house if I need to. It works quite well although nothing beats a full size vauum I think.

http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-LINX-Cordless-Stick-Vacuum/dp/B001PB8E...

NICE!!

Cleaning if my favorite topic of all times.. I love, love, love to vacuum. I have four vacuums. All of them but one are Orecks. I use the Big Oreck for the carpet, the hard wood floor one for bathrooms and tiles, the broom stick one for inside the cabinets or a quick sweep and I have one for my garage and screened in porch.

I have never had any luck with less expensive vacuums. either the wheels fall off, they expel more dust as they are picking up or they just shred the carpet,

I think you need a decent vacuum that has a hard wood floor attachment. I have heard good things about the dyson pet system. I need a double hepa filter system for my vacuum because of my lungs. 

I would save your money up and get a good home cleaning system. My dream vacuum is a Kirby.. It does everything... Curtains, etc.

Thanks Jennifer! Do you have them all lined up in a row?? I HATE to vacuum so it has to entice me!

Semi-related, but I got a shark steam mop and I LOVE it. It not only gets my floors (laminate and tile) insanely clean, but you can also freshen the area rugs with it. Highly recommend - no chemicals, no fuss!

Thought of those since they are becoming more popular but my DH thinks the steam would be bad for the laminate. That's the way he is though. Thanks!
I've been contemplating this too. Glad to know it works well. Are they expensive? I guess I could just look it up...

$49.99 at Target. If you want one like now-through tomorrow on bissell.com is the free shipping/10% off and another 10% donated to shelters. Use ADOPT in the promo code area. According to their site Target and Kohls are the only ones that sell them right now, I believe Kohls is only online.

I'm holding out and searching for a good Target coupon because my B-day is Saturday and maybe DH will understand all my whining, complaining and petting it at the store and actually get it for me???? Doubtful but worth a try. Guys are so not brilliant -maybe I should have hit him in the head with it at the store???

Oh I forgot-Bissell.com has a video of it and all the reviews were great!

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service