DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So many of our doodles have unique quirks and nuances. However, I suspect many of these are more "doodle traits" than not. I thought it would be cool to list some of the silly things our "doodles do" and then respond back to others in "voting fashion" if our doodles do, or don't....

Anyone want to play along with me?

Views: 666

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ya Huff does this laying sideways a few times.
Vern does this too. We are on our third cover on his bed because he digs holes in the cover.
Does your Doodle stare at you?  Both of mine do....all the time.  It's actually a bit unnerving.

Staring is part of our nightly ritual.  As soon as my husband and I settle in for the nightly TV watching, Sedona sits in front of my husband and stares.  He then has to guess what she wants.  We pause the DVR and he gets up to "attend" to her.  Often, she doesn't even seem to know what she wants as she doesn't immediately head for the door or the kitchen or the ...  So my husband sits down and we resume the show.  Sedona's immediately back, staring.  Pause the DVR, take her outside to pee (even though she's not really making a move toward the back door).  Back to the show, back to the staring.  Pause the DVR, give Sedona some "crunchies" for a snack.  Back to the show, more staring.  Pause the DVR, this time outside hoping she needs to poop.  More staring, more guessing.  Finally, she'll settle down and we can watch a show uninterrupted.

What's especially strange about this is that we have a doggie door that leads to the back yard.  All day long, she's in and out on her own - taking care of her own needs.  The staring routine happens only in the evening, even during the summer when it's still light outside. 

Yes! For about a half hour before their dinner time. If i'm standing in the bathroom getting ready they both watch as soon as I brush my teeth they think they are leaving with me-I have to shut the door on them.

Worst is when you wake up and they are sitting up in bed staring at you!

Wow that would be Sooo scarey.

I hear ya on the unnerving thing, Jane! Lachlan does that too ...  "I want something and I'm using puppy telepathy to tell you what it is ... so read my mind." What? Do you want out? Food? Attention? A different toy? Timmy's in the well? What?!?!

That is sooo cute sounding.
Huff does this all the time, even when you dont notice it. Sometimes he just wants treats. Sometimes when he stares at me I get creeped out.
Brinkley does the stretches and than the yawns and sits in the crate for a bout a minute before he start his day!!!
When Sadie wants to go outside, she has a very particular way of sitting in front of the door--she sort of leans forward, in a kind of "tense" sit. If I don't attend to her right away, she paws the door (or window, depending on what room we're in) and starts to talk a little bit.
I know exactly what you are describing. BB did that more as a puppy, before we used the poochie bell. We called it the "tense" sit, too. I tried to describe it as a "hunche back" once.  You could see he is clearly uncomefortable. Its funny...

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service