DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

That's what we call it when Socrates has these little fits where he either rubs up against a wall or the front of the couch...butt up, head down and just growls and sounds really ferocious! It's hilarious :) Sometimes he'll get up on the couch and nearly stick his head all the way between the cushions rubbing and growling. The more I talk to him or rub his back, the more he does it.

Then, after about a minute, he's done! He just stops and looks at me with his face all fluffed up like "What?"

Anyone have any idea what that is about or if he's just being goofy? That's how I take it. I usually ask him to 'tell me all about it, get it all out", and that makes him growl louder.

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha ha ha, tooooo funny !

Charlie is a licker...don't know why not people couch, chairs , toys...think it might be something from his past or he has hair in his mouth don't know..Drives us nuts!

Ollie does this in the couch too. He growls and then will let out an occasional "ruff" ...then he starts digging. In. My. Sofa.

Gavin does this on the carpet - after each meal.  He is cleaning his face we say.  He can go the length of the room too.  Then he snorts, shakes his head and its over.  The same routine after ear cleaning as well.  LOL I too tell him to quit being a drama queen - its only ear cleaner LOL!

Finnley does the sticking her head under the pillows on the couch, or under the couch cushions. All the while she makes the growly noises. Sometimes she just stops and stands there with her head hidden. I think she is imagining that I can't see her anymore. :)

Paz does something similar, without the noises.  He runs around my apartment, without any real direction, and rubs his head  and back on the walls, without any apparent reason....He even does it when I put his leash on in the morning, to go for a walk and there he is, running around, leash in tow, rubbing his sides on the wall.  Suddenly he stops, as if nothing has happened!  Not sure what is going on, so maybe it's genetic since your doodle does the same thing.  I also try to scratch his back or behind his ears, and that doesn't help~

Annie does this - sometimes she'll DIVE down into the carpet and just start smashing her face down in the carpet. When it happens, it seems to be after she eats, or after she's been chewing on her kong or a bone. I always think that she has something in her beard, or maybe a little tangle that's pulling her hair and she's trying to get it out! Maybe she's just a weirdo!

Harley does these things all the time!  He has two different actions.  One, he runs his head and body all the way down the couch several times, usually after he eats.  Obviously he doesn't know how to use a napkin!  Two, he will get on the couch or bed and roll and dig and lay upside down and do flip flops, all the time making what we call "wookie" sounds.  It is very fun to watch.  Of course, I never have my phone close enough to get a video.  And yes, when he is finished, his hair looks like he has had it in a blender and he always finishes up by looking at you like, "Wow, did you see that?"

Sadie does this all the time too. The couch, the carpet, the bed. She obviously is having a fabulous time based on all the growling and snorting sounds! It seems to be a daily thing and also whenever she gets back from the groomers, guess she's trying to get rid of the new "fresh" scent.

Yes, this is also one of Sadie's morning activities--rubbing her face along the length of the bed, the couch, the other couch... Also to clean her face after she eats or drinks.

Teddy does this too! He puts his head down, his butt in the air and rubs around in circles and across the floor! It's hysterical! And with his hair and how fluffy he is, he looks ridiculous by the time he's done. We end up in a fit of giggles when he's done and he looks offended that we are laughing at him. Glad to know this is a doodle thing, but Molly never did it, so we wondered. Love the picture of Kona doing it, to see it in action!

Thanks Cory, it was a surprise when whe stated the pose, glad I was shooting pictures already when she did :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service