DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

At almost 5 months, Harper has been putting on the pounds and is now up to 46 lbs! I know she isn't nearly full grown...but I swear she thinks she's a lap dog! She tries to fit behind our couch, loves sitting on laps, and tramples anything and everything that comes into her path with her giant puppy paws! Although it can be annoying at times, it's also pretty darn cute :)

Does anyone else have a doodle with this complex?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Heck...46# is nothing. I have a 95# who thinks he's a lap dog.
Mine has been riding on my lap in the car since he was a puppy. Now at 55 pds he still wants to and his butt hangs off the seat and he puts his head out the window or on my shoulder!!!! I keep asking him when he thinks he will outgrow this need to sit on my lap, but honestly, it's the most he'll let me hold him anywhere, so I don't mind.
So funny Jane! I am only 5' and let Taquito the chihuahua sit on my lap while driving. Peri started copying this and I was unable to see over the steering wheel! We had to buy a carseat :) ... guess that's safer anyway!
That is our Giada to a " T "!! She also is afraid of everything too, as is she is too tiny to defend herself! We love her though : )
My Lilly is 65lbs. and she is a lap dog. Every day when I when I watch " Days of our lives" and sit on my chair in the living room she gets up on my lap. She gets her front half up and I struggle to get the other half up :) once she is up she stays until the story is over.. :)
Kathy that is too funny, I have been watching that soap opera for the last umpteen years, and Oliver sits right with me on the couch with his head on my lap...So is Sammy going to find out that her baby is alive?????
YES, YES, YES! Dustin is encroaching on 70lbs and thinks he's still 8lbs. He not only sits on us like he's still just a little pup, he sometimes sits on Fenway like he did when he was much smaller. Luckily she's pretty quick and usually avoids his large rump, but still. He absolutely has no clue!!!
Yup, Ollie thinks he is a lap dog, lol, he tries to curl up in your lap, even though he is almost 7 mos and is around 60lbs...He can't sit under the glass table in the kitchen, his head hits the underside of the table, lol, he used to be able to sit there, but this week he can't anymore, lol...He is one big goofy goldendoodle that can knock over things as he goes by them, but most of the time I try to make sure his pathways are clear...He has the sweetest personality and we just adore him, to say the least, lol...But a lap dog he isn't, lol....Cheryl
Geez, I thought Penny was a big lap dog at 65 lbs, till I real Lynne's post... LOL

Penny's routine EVERY NIGHT is to stand in front of either my or my husband's chair, waiting for the invitation to jump up. She gets in my lap, watches TV for a few minutes, then konks out like a baby. She'd stay up there all night if we let her. We finally slide her down when it's time to go to bed. HOURS, she's up there!

And don't think we don't love every minute of it... :-)
Charlie still wants to get picked up! She is too big for me to pick up. but when my son picks her up, she hugs onto him like a big o" baby!!
I have two lap dogs, one is 70 lbs and the other is 82 lbs. I don't have the heart to let them know that they are not lap dogs.
Attachments:
So right after I posted this discussion, Zach and I took Harper to the dog park...and what dog decides to be Harper's buddy for the entire playtime?? A 5 POUND TEACUP CHIHUAHUA! The little guy played with her like a real champ, I was really impressed! But Harper really doesn't realize how big she's getting...it was too funny. :)

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service