DoodleKisses.com

Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Forum

So I went with Bella this morning for a walk.  We ran into a goldendoodle that was happy to play with Bella.  I happen to notice that when the other goldendoodle flipped onto her back that her stomach had red spots that looked like chicken pox all over ..I asked the owner if she had them for awhile and she told me that her goldendoodle has had them for a while and that the vet said it was o.k.  I was just wondering because I have never seen anything like that before.  I don't think I should be concerned or should I?

Views: 596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the same thing about baby Stuart - but they ended up being his nipples  - lol!
LOL!!
OOPS!!
I wish I could say that they where nipples, but these spots were flat and bright red and I not talking just 6 or 8 but more like everywhere on the stomach like as if she had an allergy.  Her owner did mention that  she was on antibotics for a ear infection.  She also was eating a ton of grass which makes me wonder if her food may be causing her to have a reaction..Maybe she is allergic to the meds..who knows..
If it's something...it's not chicken pox.  Hopefully it wasn't contagious to your dog.

I am guessing that it was a staph infection, also called "Puppy Pyoderma" or "Puppy Acne". Lily just had this about 4 weeks ago. The vet said it is very common in puppies, especially as the hormones start kicking in. It looks like round, red spots, some look crusty. It can often go away without meds, but sometimes antibiotics are given. I don't think you should be concerned about your puppy.

Did it look like this? This is a photo from the web. Lily's didn't look this bad. She only had about 4 spots.

That is what Huff had Pyoderma but this picture was a worse case them his.
When I took Sadie to be spayed a few weeks ago they found she had a very mild case of pyoderma--so mild that I hadn't noticed it and it apparently hadn't been bothering her. They gave me rinse called chlorhexadine to use on her a couple of times a day and said that the post-op antibiotics would probably also help it clear up. It was gone by the time we went back for her post-op checkup.
Looks painful!

The spots if I recall were as red as these but were not raised or pimple like.  Wow, these are defenitely not nipples!

Thanks for the picture.  I hope Lily is getting better.

Thanks. Lily only had about 4 of those and hers were spread out, so it didn't look that bad at all. Only 2 of hers were crusty looking. Once on the antibiotics they went away in about 1-2 days.

Clancy had what you describe and it was an infection that began as an allergy perhaps.  He needed oral antibiotics as well as some ointment.

RSS

Support Doodle Kisses 

DK - Amazon Search Widget

© 2024   Created by Adina P.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service